Monday, October 1, 2018

Monday This and That

Good Monday morning.  Had a rather unforgettable weekend.  On Saturday I had to head out to the bank to get bill money and rent.  I knew they would be busy on a weekend, but had no choice.  The painter, if you can call him that, didn't leave until almost 5 pm on Friday.  Of course, he didn't spend all day working.  Most of the afternoon I heard him on his phone. 

I have to say he did an awful job.  Just take a look at all the paint on my floors. 

So much for the promises made to take care of the floors for me.  All he did was hand me a rusty old scraper and tell me it would come off easier if I wet it first.  We're thinking of buying rugs, covering it, and then letting management handle it when we leave.  This SHOULD NOT be our responsibility.
Took this picture Saturday while waiting for the bus. Look closely and you'll see the moon over the laundromat.

Later Saturday afternoon I was trying to get the foyer in order, cleaning walls and so on.  That's here I hang my jackets, and they were taking up so much space in hubby's closet.  So, I got the wall looking great, then went to move the bookcase, full of books mind you, back to its usual corner so I could clean the wall where I hang my coats.   Didn't take the books out first, and as I tried to lift one side to move it a little, I heard and felt  pop in my upper back leg near the buttocks.  Yup, just what I needed...a hamstring strain.  I am able to walk well, but my butt hurts when I sit in certain positions, so it is most likely a grade 1 strain, the least you can get.  I've been sitting on frozen flatout bread to keep it from swelling.  LOL!!!

Sunday was a quiet day.  Didn't head out to church. Actually, couldn't climb up and down the few stairs necessary to get out of my building.  Just stayed in and rested.  A couple times got up to do some work, but reminded myself that I am very lucky that it wasn't worse so why push it?

On a positive note, in mid-September my son sent me a URL for a personal shopping company that was offering $20 worth of free shopping for every referral who puts in their first order during the month of September.  I didn't even have my computer at the time and am very bad doing things on my phone, so he created my account and advertised for me.  Well, I am happy to say I have $100 worth of groceries scheduled to be delivered this morning.  All I have to do is tip the delivery guy.  Couldn't come at a better time.  Despite all that's been going on here, I truly am blessed.   Someone really is watching over me.

Have a wonderful day.




8 comments:

  1. I hope rest will take care of your strain, so please don't overdo.

    I have NEVER seen a painter who would paint without drop cloths. That is horrendous. I can't imagine the owner paying for such terrible work and destroying the floors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep finding those happy moments and cherish then until this fiasco comes to an end!
    Ridiculous!!!
    Those floors need to be shown to whomever manages that building!!!

    Hugs Mary~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is ridiculous about the floors...the whole situation really!!!

    Yikes to the ‘butt pain’!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would show these photos to management otherwise they WILL try and claim it is your responsibility when you leave.
    It is an appalling job and should be their responsibility to fix.
    I am sorry about your hamstring issues - and hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of a painter doesn't put down a drop cloth? Sheesh.

    Enjoy those free groceries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I would certainly show these photographs to your management - surely the painter should have put a protective cloth down!?

    I am sorry to read about your hamstring issues, sending healing thoughts to you.


    Ending on a positive note! Do enjoy the free groceries.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. That painter should be kicked in the butt! I agree, put rugs over it! Shouldn't be your responsibility! Please take care of your hamstring! So happy about the groceries!! BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it would be good to contact your apartment manager and have it documented by photographs and a letter signed by your apartment manager that this damage was done by the painter they hired and not by you and your husband. In the future you may have a different apartment manager who would have no way of knowing that painter was responsible for so much damage. Who did they hire to do that painting job, the Three Stooges?
    How in the world did you keep yourself from telling him what he could do with that rusty scraper? In my opinion the apartment manager's insurance should cover the damage done by the painter. It looks like you had really nice wood floors. I don't think it would be good for the finish on the floors to scrape them with wetness and a metal scraper, but in my experience paint drips get more difficult to remove as more time goes by. (I have made a few of my own Stooge style messes with paint over the years.)
    I hope your injury will heal soon and you will be able to get your apartment back to normal. Take care.

    ReplyDelete