Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Good Tuesday morning.  Weather seems to be warming up some, but the heat continues to blast in here.  I ended up putting the fan on.  The heat will feel good in the dead of winter, but right now?  Forget about it.  It's very uncomfortable.
This is weigh in week for me so I am being super good.  Last night's dinner.  Couldn't get any healthier than this.  I could eat salad every night, and to be honest, there are many days that salad is my dinner....especially on weigh in week.  I try to add different veggies to them so I don't bet bored.  In this one I added romaine, green cabbage, red cabbage, escarole, chicory, a 4 bean salad I tossed together, and crunchy broccoli salad....all topped with my all-time favorite Bragg's Organic Sesame Ginger dressing.

Busy day ahead.  A nurse from Matrix Medical is heading out here this morning for an assessment, and then later I have an appointment with my doctor for my yearly wellness checkup.  I don't know if he can do much for me about the pain, but I'm going to speak to him about it.  And I don't know if this nurse is a waste of my time or not.  Matrix Medical has joined my insurance plan, Emblem Health, and will do home visits.   What I don't like is that there is no set time....anytime between 8 and 2.  I don't like that.  Ties up my whole day.  Thinking about canceling it.  But, gosh, now I don't know where I put the phone number.  

Well, they finally swept and mopped the lobby so after I did my banking,   I began cleaning in earnest. Yesterday I dusted the living room. We still have some touch ups with paint and light fixtures and smoke alarms to be put in on the ceiling, but we're well on the way to getting back to normal. Finally.  I'm not pleased with the furniture polish I got--Endust Free.  It grabs up the dust all right, but doesn't leave a shine....or that heavenly lemon smell that Pledge always does.  Lesson learned.  Won't be purchasing it again.  

Have a wonderful day.

 

6 comments:

  1. Wishing you luck with the nurse and the pain management. My dad had to take pain meds all through his senior years due to arthritis all over his body. His job caught up to him and so did the meds so I do not blame you one bit for resisting taking them! They eventually ruined his kidneys severely.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of Pledge and haven’t thought about that in years! That’s on my list now!
    I know you will be glad to get things all cleaned up and in time for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! It’s about time that lobby was cleaned!!!

    It is a large windo for the home visit...but it will (was) hopefully worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our tradesmen frequently allow themselves that same huge window - and you are right, it does tie up the day.
    I do hope you can get some solution for the ongoing pain.
    I do love a salad, and am eating more of them here too. Mandarin pieces and nuts add a lift to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salads are simply delicious …

    I do hope you will be able to get help with your pain, thinking of you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. That salad looks so good! I'm glad things are getting back to normal! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete