Monday, October 8, 2018

Monday This and That

Good Monday morning.  I'm heading back to class today.  Not for qigong or dance because of this darn hamstring, but I am going for meditation and arts and crafts.  Missed almost the entire month of September because of this construction mess. I have to get back to living.  There is still much work to be done,  but it can wait.  Seems that is all I do lately.  The plasterer/painter did such a poor job that we need another plasterer to come in and correct his work, but they won't come in until they get the authorization to be paid for it. 


Finally got my hair cut on Friday.  Haven't been able to color yet, though.  I'm thinking of a more coppery tone. 


Someone left a stack of books in the lobby for people to take if they wanted.  Just about all of them were cookbooks.  I could have taken them all, but I don't want to be greedy...and I just don't have the room.  So I picked up the above three.  Some yummy recipes.  Speaking of books:
I started reading this book over the weekend, and I can't put it down. Don't know why it took me so long to buy and read this book.  This terrifying story is even more relevant in today's political climate where women are degraded and mocked.  It's frightening and maddening that we women have always had to fight for the simplest of rights.  I remember marching back in the 60's and 70's for the ERA.  

So now hubby has a problem with one of his medications.  The Advair he takes for his COPD has caused thrush.  That's one of the side effects.  The doctor gave him another medication but one of the side effects of that is to worsen glaucoma, and that's another thing hubby suffers from.  And the albuterol pump is causing rapid heartbeat.  I worry so much about him. It's hard watching a loved one suffer.

Have a good one.


14 comments:

  1. It is always something it seems, isn't it? Hope they can get your husband's meds straightened out quickly.

    The books look interesting. For some reason, the free books are always cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have grabbed them all. I love cookbooks.

      Delete
  2. That plastering job really is shoddy. That guy was a disgrace.

    "The Handmaid's Tale" is one of the scariest dystopian novels ever written, in my opinion. On your cable package, do you get the TV mini-series that was made of it? They've done 2 seasons now and a 3rd is in the works. The first season follows the book and then after that, the writers are just making up further plots themselves. It's a terrific series, if you get to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see the series, but I don't think our cable offers it. The book is awesome.

      Delete
  3. Good for you in getting back to class! It’s easy to go down a dark tunnel when you worry about your husband and your home is in turmoil. Shame on that contractor that made such a mess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt good to see my friends again. Couldn't help but cry when they all asked how I have been.

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry for your husbands medical woes. I think most of us are only too familiar with them.
    Glad you are getting back to class. Reclaiming as much of your life as you can.
    And yes, Margaret Atwood's tale reads like non-fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard so much about that book and the TV series, that I really should get and read it. However, I have a feeling it will only stir up negative feelings especially in light of today's politics. I am trying to get over last week's mess,and I am sure there will be another one this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really an awesome book. I know exactly how you feel. I've been having so many negative feelings lately. I was a victim 53 years ago and held it in all these years.

      Delete
  6. The puffer the hubs uses also has the potential to cause thrush. He uses mouth wash each and every time he uses it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He rinses his mouth afterwards, but I will tell him to use mouthwash. Thanks.

      Delete
  7. I am so sorry about your hubby! Sending him Big Hugs!! I hope everything gets sorted out for him soon! I feel so bad for you about the plaster job! That is horrible! I hope it gets fixed soon! I saw some of the Handmaid's Tale on t.v! Freaked me out! Very good!! Big Hugs Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think meditation and arts and crafts sounds good.

    I do hope your hubby's medication problems can be sorted ... thinking of you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete