Friday, October 5, 2018

Friday Roundup

Happy Friday morning.  Oh what a week it's been!  Just can't seem to get caught up. Sometimes I just sit around and look about unsure what to do next.  On Monday I stayed home from class waiting for the painter who never arrived.  I guess I am lucky he didn't come.  I believe he  has already messed up my house enough.  Paint all over the floors.  I am at a loss about cleaning the bedroom.  That really took a hit.  And he left an open hole behind the stove and other in the hallway ceiling.  I'm just so disappointed in the broken promises his brother made. 

On Tuesday I had planned on going to the store, but I ended up pulling my hamstring AGAIN when the door to the cabinet that the electricians broke came flying towards me when I tried opening the other door.  My reaction was to jump back quickly and that was it.  Sharp pain.  So I stayed in.  Wish I could say I rested, but with so much to do rest during the day is hard to come by.

So much has been put on hold.  My classes, my hair needs a cut so badly, not to mention a coloring.  Just no 'me time' to be found this week.  Heading over today to get it chopped.  When I have to sit with a blow dryer in the morning, it's time to chop it off.

On Wednesday I finally got out.  Walked to the fruit stand for a few things and then headed over to the 99 cent store to re-stock my cleaning supplies.  I swear, sometimes I wonder if this dust will ever go away.  

Yesterday I went to  my meeting. Oh, I forgot. It's not a meeting anymore. It's a WORKSHOP. Not sure about all of the changes with Weight Watchers. Oops. Sorry. It's not Weight Watchers anymore either . It's WW (Wellness that Works).  At any rate, it's no longer a weight loss program per se. It's a 'wellness' program, and weight loss IS a part of wellness.   Not that I have anything against wellness.  I'm all for it.  Just going to wait and see what comes of all this. 

To celebrate I made something I had been craving:

A rather sloppy but delicious shepherd's pie.  Garlic mashed potatoes, lean ground beef, frozen mixed vegetables, tablespoon of tomato sauce, beef broth, paprika, black pepper, salt, and cumin.

Also took yesterday off.  I looked at the calendar and I have been putting things away, arranging furniture, doing my best to get rid of the never ending supply of dust, mopping floors, and scraping paint for 18 days.  My body told me it was time.  The stand in the hallway can wait for another day.  The paint at my feet when I sit in my rocker can be scraped off tomorrow.  So what if the dust builds up for one day?  My body was just not up to it.

Have a good one.

6 comments:

  1. It's so much work, but glad to hear you're getting everything ship-shape again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose it is a relief to get those idiots out of your place finally so you can get back to some normalcy again ... shm.

    Your shephard's pie looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you listened to your body and had the day off. The dust (and the paint) won't be going anywhere (which is a shame).

    ReplyDelete
  4. There will be an end to it all someday. Personally I would have been in touch with the caretakers of the building or landlords and asked them to hire a clean up crew! Wait! Maybe that wasn't a good idea! Aren't they the ones who hired these so called electricians and painters in the first place!!!
    Take care and keep yourself well 🍁🎃🍂💮

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes you have just got to listen to your body … you did the right thing!

    Your shepherds pie looks good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please take care and take everything one day at a time! I truly hope that your place gets put back together for you! That shepherd's pie looks so good! That's weird about Weight Watchers? I wonder if that change is the same in Canada? Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete