Monday, October 15, 2018

Monday This and That

Good Monday morning.  It's been a cool weekend here.  Fall has finally arrived.  Hubby has another nasty cold so he's been pretty miserable this weekend.  Not only is his immune system weakened by his COPD, but his colds are always much worse than someone with clear lungs.  I worry so about him.

My issue has been pain.  Lately, it's really had its grip on me, and I've been forced to give up some of the things I really enjoy like dance and qigong.  It's been pretty hard on me, but I have spent some time looking for other activities I might enjoy that aren't so physical.  Long bus rides also cause a great deal of discomfort, but I refuse to give up arts and crafts.  Not going today though.  Rain is coming, and I'm just not feeling up to par.  I really did a number on myself with all that lifting and moving things.

So I've been doing my best to get out for a walk every day.  Even just going around the block helps.  I am taking a couple of online classes to keep me busy when I am home...which has been more often than usual.  I also plan on making an extra WW meeting each week...maybe two...just to have the opportunity to socialize.  Right about now I wish there were some good courses being offered at Brooklyn College , but the same old crap that drove me away is being offered. 
Dinner last night.  I made some rice and veggies yesterday.  Added some low sodium chicken broth, and it tasted great.  Was going to have it with broccoli and chicken, but when I made hubby's mashed potatoes with garlic, I couldn't resist having some of them, too.
I seasoned the chicken thighs with some of the Greek seasoning and roasted them in the oven. (I eat all meals from a bowl).

Got another food delivery on Saturday.  This one wasn't free, but I did save a ton of money going through the company, Instacart.  I chose what store, made my shopping list, a paid shopper picked up my items, then my purchase was delivered to my home.  And it turned out to be less money than it would had been had I shopped for it myself.  In all it came to $62 but by the time all the discounts came off, it cost me $41 and tip for the driver. Actually the tip is included in the bill, but it's only about $2, and I think they deserve more.  I LOVE shopping, but I just can't do it anymore.  It's too difficult carrying those heavy bags home.   Just can't do it anymore. 

The kitchen, foyer, living room and hall floors are paint free and we are making some progress on the bedroom floors. 

Before and after.  Still a way to go, but getting there.  Have to get to the sides of the bed and along the borders, but it is looking much better.

Ordered my new rugs, and some of them arrived yesterday, much quicker than I thought.  Gotta love Amazon.  Hope these holes are closed this week so we can get the floors done once and for all.  It is 31 days today that we have had open holes in our walls. This is what happens when they try to save money.  They end up double spending in the end when someone has to come in and clean up the mess.

Have a wonderful day.

12 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job cleaning up the floors! One day at a time.

    Your rice dish looks tasty and now I am hungry for chicken fried rice. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I've slowed down a lot because I don't want to push my back too much. Hubby tries to help, but loses his breath.

      Delete
  2. No wonder you’re tired! That floor must have been work! Shopping is so much easier these days. When the quads were born, Amber started using Amazon for just about everything non perishable. Summer uses Walmart and has groceries ready so she just drives up and they load them. But even that is too much work sometimes for her so she has them delivered. I’m glad we have all these options available to us now. Makes life easier! Enjoy your arts and crafts this week. I’m going to set up my art table and go back to painting my Santas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Echoing everyone else. You did an amazing job on the floors. Please, please look after yourself. It doesn't have to be fixed in a day. Or a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost done. Just a little at a time I am doing now. Pushed myself too hard.

      Delete
  4. My hubs has COPD as well and has just come off a cold....he is still coughing and I have an appointment booked for him to get checked out. Today I went coat shopping with/for him and now I'M all crippled up. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So similar we are. It's so hard watching him. And me, with this darn pain. Can't do the things I want to do.

      Delete
  5. Your floors look amazing! Wow!
    You are such a good cook! Every time I look at your food, I get hungry! LOL!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The floors you’ve done look GREAT!!!

    We are contemplating trying Culligan (or something similar) because we love on the third floor and we cart 4-5 cases of water up the stairs each week (and because of the plastic consumption which I feel really guilty about!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are getting there, those floors look brilliant.

    Sending healing wishes to you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete