Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Hello there.  Another gorgeous day.  Feeling a bit better today, but have to watch myself.  Can't be doing too much.  I'm not as invincible as I thought I was. It all caught up to me in the end.

Got my groceries yesterday.  I am so grateful.  We've spent a lot of money eating out because we had no stove for 10 days, so money is in short supply.  This food really helps.
I will be forever grateful.  

Our guy was supposed to come back yesterday to finish up, but hubby and I both knew we'd seen the last of him when he gathered up all his tools on Friday and left.  Have a hole behind the stove to fill in and one on the hallway ceiling, but we will find a way to get that done.  Who knows what other damage he would have done had he come back.  He was just so unprofessional.

I'm not the only one left with a mess from this guy.  This is the way he left the lobby.  Didn't throw any of his garbage out.  That's two huge bags of broken sheetrock, cement, etc.  The other guys take their stuff out every day.  And don't let the floor covering fool you.  The other team is painting the lobby ceiling.  Our guys mess is underneath.  

By next week all should be back to normal.  We're getting there a little at a time.  It's like the whole month of September was lost.  October is definitely going to be better.  I'm going to make it so.

Have a good one.


12 comments:

  1. What an ordeal! Glad the worst of it is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a nightmare. I just don't feel like myself anymore.

      Delete
  2. UGH! Slumlords suck! Whoever hired that moron was just trying to save a few bucks. Pathetic and typical!

    We have had nice, cooler weather here lately as well. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found out these guys aren't even professionals. They are supers in another building.

      Delete
  3. You have handled it well Mary...all things considered.
    Where have your property managers been through this ordeal? They should have been on the scene to be sure that the job was getting done and being done correctly and to code.
    Best wishes to you Mary ❤🍂🎃👻🍁❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The property managers show little concern for any of us. But they sure do want their rent.

      Delete
  4. You are a strong woman for getting through all that. The owners are truly the ones at fault for letting all this happen to their tenants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If you are going to tear up people's apartments, at least get professionals to do the work. One of my neighbors is a wreck. Holes open up right into the basement. She is so afraid of rodents getting in.

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry about all this Mary!!! I am so happy the worst is over!! Sending you and your hubby, BIG HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I just sit and don't know what to do. I feel lost.

      Delete
  6. I am so sorry, and hope the damage can be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you had all this.
    Hang onto the thought that "By next week all should be back to normal."
    I sincerely hope it will be :)

    Sending good wishes to you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete