Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning on this chilly Autumn morn.  Love, love, love this cooler weather.  I come alive in it.  Have to focus, though, when I walk.  One wrong or hard step, and my hamstring lets me know it's not quite healed.  The other day I hurried across the street to catch the bus, and boy, did I feel it. So I walk very slow and very conscious.

So what happened yesterday?  Did I go to class?  No. Was really planning on it despite some tweaks in my hamstring, and a few minutes before the time for me to leave, I put my water bottle under hot water to melt the ice some and forgot about it. Yup, I've been doing a lot of that lately.  Forgetting things. To make a long story short, the water bottle had moved over to the drain and set itself right on top of it.  The entire kitchen floor was flooded. The clothes I had on to wear were drenched.  Then I realized it had also flooded my utensil drawer.   By the time I got that cleaned out, it was way too late.  But maybe it was just that  I wasn't meant to go. Last time I came home feeling miserable. That bus trip really was so uncomfortable with this hamstring issue. I guess everything happens for a reason. I wasn't listening to what my body was telling me so something happened to make me listen.

On a positive note, I now have the cleanest kitchen floors in the entire building.

Took this picture while waiting for the bus.
Loved the way the sun was sparkling through the trees.  Too bad  the picture doesn't show the true beauty of it.

I forgot to mention.  Over the weekend I got to see the inside of the hoarder's apartment.  OMG!!!  I have never seen a stove, refrigerator, bathroom, etc.  so filthy.  How anyone can live in that squalor?  Especially when you see him come out of his apartment to go to work.  Well dressed, shoes shined.  One would never guess how he really lives.   Oh, by the way.  On Sunday they finally closed the hole between his and the old woman's apartment, and her sons came and began painting.  I was so happy for her.  All day yesterday I heard the sounds of furniture being moved back to their rightful places.  I know what a good feeling that is.

Snack time.  

Received my box from Snacksack yesterday, my last one.  Canceled it because it just isn't worth the price.  And now with WW coming out with some exciting new healthy snacks, I'm going to give that a try.

Have a good one.

6 comments:

  1. I always am amazed at hoarders!!! It blows my mind!!!

    Your right...I think things happen for a reason and maybe you just needed another day to help this hamstring recover! You’ll be back at your classes soon I’m sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love this cooler weather! Taking it in as much as I can before the horrid winter time arrives. :)

    You got lots of goodies. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. It was nice to meet another person who refuses to look and act her age. And yes, I perfectly understand your conscious walking! Aging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspect hoading is a mental illness.
    Glad that you are taking it easy, and here you on the conscious walking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give me this cooler weather any day! It's so nice!
    Please take care of your hamstring! Sorry about the flood!
    I love your picture! It looks like you got some good goodies!
    I never understood hoarders, but as EC said, it could be mental illness!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I too think all that hoarding may well be a sign of some mental illness …

    I enjoyed seeing your picture, love how the sunshine is coming through the trees.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete