Friday, October 26, 2018

Friday Roundup

Happy Friday to all.  Oh, how I remember how I used to look forward to this day.  However, I also remember that before I retired, this was always the slowest day of the week for me.  It never seemed like it was going to end. Guess it's because I was looking forward to the weekend so much.  Now Friday is just another day because every day is a weekend day for me.

Slowly getting my house back in order.  They finished the three apartments next to me and across the hall so hopefully the dust will let up some, but first the lobby has to be cleaned, and the super doesn't seem to be doing that. That's the main thing now.  The dust.  I keep a towel under the door, but every time you open it, dust comes in.  I did finish the television area because it is furthest from the door, but only doing a little at a time.
Had an awesome workshop on Wednesday.  I really enjoy that group as much as my Thursday group.  We talked about staying motivated, and I opened up about my inability to stay on track now that I reached Lifetime status.  It's been a struggle ever since, and lately it just keeps getting worse.  I am definitely in sabotage mode, and am having a struggle pulling out of it.  That's why attending 2 workshops or more a week will be good for me.  Went to lunch with the girls after my Thursday workshop and enjoyed the good company and conversation.  After a month of hermit-hood due to the construction, it's feeling so good to get out again.
Christmas decorations up already.  Hmmm!  Guess that's kind of late in today's day and age when Christmas comes long before Halloween.

The other day I bought an 18 count carton of Eggland's eggs.  They cost a bit more, but I've been buying them since the egg scare awhile back.  And they do taste better.  We enjoy them.  I checked the carton before putting it in my cart.  All eggs were perfect.  I came home to find that all but 2 eggs were smashed.   16 eggs ruined.  What the heck did I do?  Like I have money to throw away.  Grrr!!!

Bought another 18 count carton yesterday and took great care to get them home safely, and I did. Not one broken egg. The other day was just a fluke, and I think I can pinpoint when it happened. I got off the stop before mine to get some mandarins at an outdoor market. That made the bag quite heavy. When I got home I just plopped the bag down forgetting the eggs for a minute. The result? 16 broken eggs.
Got this beautiful Christmas scarf in the mail yesterday. Can't wait for the opportunity to wear it. Thank you so much, Lady Caer Morganna from http://thewiccalife.blogspot.com/

A big storm heading this way tomorrow so my plans are to just hang out and maybe get some things done around the house.   I almost went out and cleaned the lobby myself, but then I thought I'm not the one getting free rent to take care of the building.  Why should I have to clean it?  So much as I am anxious to get my floors waxed and my rugs laid, I'll just have to be patient and wait. 

Have a wonderful day.




16 comments:

  1. Looks like I have to start my cleaning for Christmas too. Have been lazy for too long. Keep warm and safe from the storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still waiting to finish my cleaning from the renovation, but I do have almost all of my Christmas gifts done.

      Delete
  2. So happy you like the scarf ... wear it in good health and stay warm!

    We are expecting our storm on Sunday they say. Stay safe and dry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to hit us early tomorrow morning through tomorrow afternoon.

      Delete
  3. I hope you'll have a great day today and a wonderful Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAY too early for Christmas decorations! I love Halloween, so I don't like other holidays cutting into my Halloween time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. When I was growing up, Christmas didn't start until the day after Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  5. You just COULDN'T wait to make that omelette, could you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eggs are 0 point foods for WW. Perfect lunch. Aside from the home fries and toast. LOL!!!

      Delete
  6. Hopefully they get the lobby done soon!!!! (Like yesterday!!)

    I keep sabotaging myself also...it’s sooo hard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I worked two years to hit goal and now that I am there it is a constant battle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that scarf.
    And am all too familiar with self sabotage.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nasty weekend weather headed our way too...time to hibernate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Christmas is fast approaching.
    The shops/stores have a lot of Christmas goodies on display and decorations are going up.
    At least I've bought some Christmas Cards!

    I do like that scarf - enjoy wearing it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. 16 eggs broke? That is too bad! Sorry about that Mary! I love the scarf Kim sent you! I hope it keeps you warm! Your place looks great! Keep smiling and keep on going! Big Hugs and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete