Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning.  Had a quiet day yesterday.  Not sure when the guy is going to come to plug my holes so I'm hanging about.  Was cool and wet yesterday.  Not the kind of day I like to be out there, and my body let me know.  My hamstring is pretty much healed, but my lower back aches, and I've been getting sharp pains on the side of my right knee and outer thigh if I press it.  Doctor said it sounds like bursitis.  Have to make an appointment, but have to get these holes sealed as well.  Right now my life is in limbo. Was very happy when they called to tell me arts and crafts was canceled for the day.  Didn't have to worry about missing anything.  

On top of everything else, hubby is pretty sick right now.  Looks like another COPD exacerbation, but I can't get him to go to ER. He can be so stubborn.   It hurts so much watching him like this, but I can't carry him there.  Sometimes I just feel so helpless.  I finally got him to use his Z pack.  Doctor had given him two extra prescriptions several months ago for exactly this kind of thing.  The first one helped almost immediately.  Saying prayers it does the same thing this time.

Hoping that they fill the holes in my apartment this week as promised.  But seriously, after seeing what they did to the apartment next door, my few leftover holes don't seem so bad.  No 87 year old woman should have to live like that. They also did the apartment next door and left a huge hole in the wall between the apartments. She has absolutely no privacy...and to make matters worse, he is a hoarder who smokes incessantly. His apartment STINKS. My problems don't seem so big after seeing that.  Her refrigerator and stove are not plugged in.  Her son does pick her up about 12 and take her to his house for a meal, but then she insists on coming back to her home.  I worry about her being hungry so I take her snacks of fruit, yogurt, and crackers
Made myself a very healthy dinner last night.  My eating habits have been quite messed up with all that going on around me.   I  could eat salad every night.  This one was loaded with goodies:  red and green cabbage, spring mix, grape tomatoes, Romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, and sunflower seeds.  I used my favorite dressing:  Bragg's Sesame Ginger.  Delicious.  For dessert I had a fruit salad and some grapes.  

They are now destroying the apartment across the hall from me.  That's the last one in my vicinity.  Once finished we can really get started cleaning.  I dust and mop every day, but the construction dust in the lobby always finds its way in.  I'm just waiting now for them to plaster my holes and move on.  Maybe we will be able to have Thanksgiving here after all. 

Wow, can you believe it's mid-October already?  Time surely has gotten away from me.Never even had a chance to post my last Wild Medicine Box.  Most of the stuff is scattered now, but here is a couple of items they sent.
Allergy Season Herbal Steam. A blend of herbs and essential oils for treating allergies, colds, and the flu.  Peppermint Leaf, Eucalyptus Leaf, Nettle Leaf, Wintergreen Essential Oil
These stones look so much better in person, very shiny, and I am just loving this black velvet bag.  Pyrite is said to cleanse the oxygen in the circulatory system and aid in detoxifying the body. It is also believed to stabilize ones energy level and provide calm. 
 Hand-made with gratitude and sacred intention in the high desert of Taos, NM.  Smudging has been used for centuries to purify and cleanse the aura, home and sacred spaces. Believed to ward off negative energy and spirits, the ritualistic act of smudging is used to bless, cleanse and heal the person or object being smudged.







10 comments:

  1. Awesome medicine box. Sounds like you and your hubby could really benefit by it right about now.

    I hope he gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely could. Fortunately the Z pack seems to be working.

      Delete
    2. Pleased the Z pack seems to be working

      All the best Jan

      Delete
  2. Your poor next-door neighbour! That's appalling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot you have on your plate right now! That is so wrong the way your apartments are all messed up! Good grief! If we lived close I’d send Louis Dean over there to fix it all! He can do just about anything and once it quits raining, he needs to fix a place on our roof!
    You sure get a lot of variety in those boxes that come in the mail.....

    Saying a prayer for you and your husband and your apartment......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it definitely was a mess. They had a good painter/plasterer to do the whole building, but then they decided to save some money by sharing the work. They gave me one contractor and my neighbor another one. To make a long story short, they both messed up the jobs and the good contractor has to fix them up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like maintenance from hell.
    Reading though the comments I am glad to hear your husband is improving.
    Bursitis is no fun at all. I hope you get some relief too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm repeating what Linda said above - because - it's true!
    "What a lot you have on your plate right now! That is so wrong the way your apartments are all messed up!"

    Continued prayers for both you and your husband.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for the pain you are going through and I am so sorry your hubby is ill! Please, take care, for the both of you! I truly hope your place gets settled soon and I am so sorry about your neighbour! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete