Friday, October 12, 2018

Friday Roundup

Another Friday.  Another roller coaster week behind me.  On Monday I stepped outdoors to quite a chill and misty rain.  Was about to go back in for a jacket, but then I spotted the bus at the next stop.  Seeing that the next bus after this one would be in 26 minutes and would make me late, I sprinted across the street to catch it and hoped the weather would warm up by the time I got off to go to my classes.  It didn't.  In fact, it was still the same weather when I left class at 3 pm.  It was great seeing all my friends again, but meditation was quite a disappointment.  We always had a warmup before class, but it was something I could still do with my hamstring.  But, our new instructor does a half hour of stretchy yoga, something my body can't tolerate under normal conditions, so I basically just did a few arm raises for a half hour.  And I didn't care for the meditation itself.  But that doesn't mean I plan on giving up.  I'm not a fan of change, but I do manage to adapt given time.
I have so many Autumn decorations that I chose not to buy anymore this year....that is, until I saw the above on Etsy.  Couldn't resist this witch box.  She is so adorable and the price was so reasonable.

On Tuesday I awoke to find my internet was out.  Thought it was something that would work itself out, but after re-booting it several times, I called cable and they tried from their end.  The modem wasn't getting any signal.  I initially thought it may have something to do with the electrical work being done, perhaps a power surge, as my neighbor's modem went a little over a week ago.  They sent a technician out on Wednesday.  Turns out the problem stems from the main box.  Not enough signal power.  Same goes for the television.  He showed me the negative numbers and seemed genuinely surprised it was playing so well.  He also said that others in the building are probably affected as well, but just don't notice it.  Workers are set to come out an make repairs.

I'd planning on going to my loom knitting class on Wednesday, but to be honest, I just didn't have it in me.  All this scraping floors and cleaning is wearing me down.  I'm not the young chicken I once was, and this is a lot of work for hubby and me.  I had felt so good while I was doing all the lifting and moving of stuff, but I guess I was just doing further damage.  Along with the hamstring ache, my back has also been killing me.  I hate when it cracks when I move a certain way. (Osteoarthritis).

On Wednesday I called management and blew up.  So much for being nice.  Didn't get me anywhere.  I'm sick and tired of this. My apartment remains unfinished with holes and now they are talking about cooler weather....and the first thing I think of is mice. I am so petrified of them.  Took me forever to stop thinking I was hearing them.  When I had called in the morning I was told they would send the contractor in to look at it, so when I stepped out  for the mail  see them headed in my direction I feel relieved that someone is finally listening to me, but what happened? They walked right past me and started working in the apartment next door. THE ELECTRICIANS AREN'T EVEN FINISHED IN THERE!!!!! 

This was about all I could take. Apartments finished AFTER mine are being completed and mine sits unfinished.  I can't wax my floors and lay my new rugs because furniture has to be moved again  so I sit in limbo. I didn't bring this idiot in to do my apartment. THEY DID. Trying to save a buck, and it's obvious to everyone that he had no idea what he was doing. So why should I have to sit with open holes? It's not my fault.So I called a second time and got some action. The contractor came in and promised that he will fix up the work next week. I'd like it tomorrow, but....we shall see. 

Have a wonderful weekend.

7 comments:

  1. UH! I would be totally p-o'd as well! There is no excuse for having to tolerate that BS! Hope they FINALLY get you straightened out next week.

    Your witch box is awesome! Try to enjoy your weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that by next week all the work is done to your satisfaction and you can get back to some normalcy in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new witch box is "precious in purple" Mary :)
    I am so sorry that you are still having so many problems.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I so hope that everything works out with getting your apartment livable for winter and the next years. Getting settled is so difficult sometimes, especially when we have to rely another people. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes we have to blow up to get action!! Hopefully this saga will be over for you soon and life in your apartment will return to normal!’n

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new witch box!!!
    I am so sorry about everything that is happening Mary!! Sending you Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to read that you are still having so many problems.
    I hope it will be finally sorted soon for you.

    On a positive note I do like your new witch box.

    Take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete