Saturday, October 6, 2018

Saturday Thought



Dreams are the most curious asides and soliloquies of the soul. When a man recollects his dream, it is like meeting the ghost of himself. Dreams often surprise us into the strangest self-knowledge.... Dreaming is the truest confessional, and often the sharpest penance.  
 
Alexander Smith  "On Dreams and Dreaming"

“Each of us gets our share and kind of suffering as an inevitable part of being human: what happens in us as a result makes all the difference to the psyche…This is what these authors found separately, and then in reading each others’ stories, were moved to tears with a realization of the paradox:  We are alone here, and yet at a profound level, we are not alone.”
Jean Shinoda Bolen, author of Close to the Bone

- See more at: http://carolorsborn.com/books/#sthash.HGderk3J.dpuf

5 comments:

  1. Lovely photo and quote 💮

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pic and very telling true quote indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to think about that. Most of my dreams (that I remember) are snippets of conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photo and quote, thanks for sharing them.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I already commented, but I just said beautiful, and that was for the candle and flower, I forgot to say, very interesting about our dreams, in this meaning!

    ReplyDelete