Monday, October 22, 2018

Monday This and That

Good morning everyone.  Happy Monday.  It's a cool one, but not as cool as yesterday.  Was wishing I had my gloves when I went to church.  Didn't do much at all this weekend.  Actually, I did, but nothing out of the house.  On Friday evening I put in my food delivery order, and they delivered it two hours later. Much as I love shopping in the store,  I just can't do it anymore.  It's torture when I try to carry the bags home.  And as an added benefit, I can only buy what I see on the website which is always the regular items that I buy.  None of the extras that pop  up on special stands in the aisles that entice you to buy what you don't need.  I do pay $7.99 for delivery, but I'm going to pay $3 in bus fare anyway, so it's only $5 and by the time they get done adding up my bill, it's less than had I shopped in person. 

Saturday morning I got up early and made a big pot of Kale and Chick Pea soup.
Carrots, celery, onions, peppers, 1 can Chick Peas, fresh Kale, 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes,  Garam Marsala (lots because I like spicy), garlic powder, ginger powder, 6 packages low sodium chicken broth, white pepper, and water.  So, so good.  Dinner all this week.

Took this picture of the early morning light.  A gray cloudy morn.
I love this liminal period between darkness and light and picturing my neighbors just beginning to stir to start their day.  I love imagining that I am the only one awake and watching this.

Read the new Woman's Day and then put it in the lobby for someone else to enjoy.  Then later I dug out my holiday notebook and started putting together my Thanksgiving lists--what to cook, what to buy, recipes, etc. It will be here before we know it.  

Hubby wanted to take me to  Applebee's for dinner last night, but neither one of us were up to it.  We both agreed to put it off until we can both really enjoy it.  He's overtired and still healing from his cold, and I'm just tired and in pain.  So we just took the day to rest up.  I saw plenty that I wanted to do, but nope, just sat and looked at it.  Tomorrow is another day, and the work isn't going anyplace.

Sitting her now debating whether or not to go to class today. Definitely not ready for qigong or dance and am not happy with the new meditation facilitator. Everyone has their own style,  and hers is not mine. She starts off with 35 minutes of yoga, and I can't do that even when my body is not out of whack. Yoga isn't for everyone. Then she lights a small candle and puts music on. Maybe it's good, but with this hamstring issue, my butt hurts too much to just still still. So it was rather tortuous last time I went. All that's left is arts and crafts and I do love that. Will see. I won't have to leave until later if I go.


Have a good one.

11 comments:

  1. I hope you make it there for arts & crafts today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afraid I didn't make it. You'll read about it tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. My idea of meditation is to go to bed and study the inside of my eyelids lol. Enjoy your arts and crafts if you get to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hard time with meditation as well, but the facilitator before this one was so good. I liked the body scans. I can't focus when I off on my own. I have to have someone guiding me and that's what she did.

      Delete
  3. Do you have piriformis issues? My Summer has that and it’s so painful. Of course she has several other conditions which has drastically changed her life and the way she can live.
    I like yoga but I only do 20 minutes a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I have a number of conditions. I fell onto my back a long time ago and suffered a hairline fracture of the spine. Now my back is 'riddled with arthritis' as the doctor says. I injured my hamstring a couple weeks ago and that's giving me the problems sitting on my butt too long. Plus, I have disc issues as well. I'm waiting for my next check to come in to get a back brace.

      Delete
  4. I hope you can enjoy your arts and crafts.
    Love your early morning photo too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't quite make it today. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

      Delete
  5. We’ve talked about delivery...let someone else cart the stuff up to our third floor apartment. Especially the water!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't do yoga either! Please rest and take care of yourself! I love early mornings too! That soup looks so good! Big Hugs! (I think that's great about having your groceries delivered!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kale and Chick Pea soup does look good.
    Enjoy your arts and crafts if you get to go.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete