Sunday, July 1, 2018

Sunday Selections

On display today are some of my fantasy, or maybe not so fantasy, creatures.

I bought this jade dragon in one of the little Chinese shops in my neighborhood.   Could not resist.  Jade is very important to the Chinese and is a symbol of power and status.  It is also believed to have the power to ward off evil and to connect heaven and earth in rituals.  The Chinese believe that they are descended from dragons.  As the totems of the Chinese people, they symbolize wisdom, power, and luck.  They control the rain, lakes, and sea and can ward off evil and protect the innocent.
Just received this little baby dragon.  He is so sweet.  I think he will be very comfortable with some of his friends in my fairy garden.
A  dear friend found this sea fairy  in a thrift store and thought immediately of me.  I was so surprised when I opened the package.  It is a gift that I cherish. 
Bastet also known as Bast is the Cat Goddess once called upon to protect the land  and  the royal families.
This is my beautiful butterfly fairy figurine.  Everything about her is absolutely gorgeous and well made. Butterflies are symbols of life and hope.   Native Americans believe that  if you whisper a wish to a butterfly, it  will be granted when the butterfly flies up to the heavens
Couldn't resist this little guy.  Ordered him along with my baby dragon. Native Americans believe that the owl represents sacred knowledge.  Owl is a symbol of being able to navigate any darkness in our life.
My pretty little mermaid.
I've had these little unicorns for about 15 or more years now.  Unicorns are  associated with the feminine and have traditionally appeared as a symbol of chastity, the Divine power that nurtures all living things, and as an emblem of the word of Divine presence.  It is believed by some that unicorns really do exist.

7 comments:

  1. Your statues are gorgeous! I especially love the butterfly fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the sea fairy's wings are made of a beautiful shell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your statues!
    I miss the ones I left behind. I had a "jade" Kwan Yin statue, one of those tiny ones you would have placed on your dashboard. I think my Grandma had picked it up at one of the Chinese restaurants we frequented back in the day.
    The other is of a little unicorn, there used to be a pair. It was a gift from my first boyfriend. He new I loved unicorns. It was the only thing I had left from him.
    I don't know why I didn't take them. They were both tiny enough to slip in between things that I packed.
    There are some other things, but those 2 stand out that I miss most of the little things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel. When I left, wow it's been 28 years now, I left behind my collection of astrology books, some signed by the authors and some out of print and unable to get anymore.

      Delete
  4. I adore dragons. And owls. And the ephemeral magic which is butterflies.
    Love your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your collection! All truly beautiful!!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful figurines collection. I love Unicorns. They are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete