Thursday, July 26, 2018

Throwback Thursday

Dinner at mom's house.  Sadly, we haven't had many dinners at my place, and it has never been the entire family at once.   My apartment is just too small.  That was the one drawback of downsizing.  I lost two extra rooms--dining room and the extra bedroom which served as my office and storage.  Now, I cannot even fit a large sofa in my living room so seating is at a premium.  When I first moved in I had found it very cozy, but now I am looking forward to something a bit larger.  This was last year on Easter.
In front of my building.  From left to right:  my daughters ex hidden behind great grandchild Damian who is held my my grandson, Scott, my daughter, my son, and myself. 
 Myself, grandson Scott, and great grandson, Damian.
 Myself, my daughter, and my son.
 My son, Scott, my daughter, me, and my daughter ex-husband.
 Dinner ready to go into the oven.
 Time to eat.
 My daughter and son stuffing their faces.
 After effects.
I'd thought that I had plenty of time to do it all, but it just didn't work out that way.   I didn't have time to do any banking so I ran out to the store, bought two pound cakes and some canned icing.  Put the pound cakes side by side, mixed some almond extract and food coloring into the icing, and put some sprinkles on top and no one knew I hadn't baked it.  Delicious. 

6 comments:

  1. Such lovely photos of an Easter Sunday with family.
    The meal looks delicious...great job!
    Your family looks happy and that is the best thank you in the world~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics. That cake looked scrumptious! Your son ready does have your smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember the last time our family got together. I suspect it was a funeral. Which is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven’t had a full family get together in a while....I miss it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Loved them all! We all fall asleep too! LOL! Great idea with the cake! LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete