Thursday, July 5, 2018

Throwback Thursday

There''s not much I have left of my high school years but I do have my memories and these pictures that I found on Classmates. 

High school yearbook.  Never did become a beautician.  I did begin school, and then when I kept failing each exam, I dropped out rather than spend any more money.  Never took science in school and there was lots of scientific knowledge of the head that was needed.  I did hate school so much so that rebellious me dropped out when I turned 18, three months before graduation.  I later got my GED, but to this day I regret that impulsive decision I made.  
This was that "certain boy".  He had been a high school boyfriend, but not what I consider a 'real' boyfriend.  We lost contact after I left school and found each other 58 years later via the website 'Classmates'.  He's left 'Classmates' now, and we have once again lost contact.
To be honest, I didn't even remember being a part of this club.  I'm sure you can pick me out, but just in case, I'm the one on the end with my hair pinned up and piled high on my head.  I did a lot of teasing and used a lot of hairspray back in those days.
1964.  Oh, so long ago.  I'm second from the end in the first row.  Look how thin I was.

7 comments:

  1. You have never changed in your looks, Mary. You were beautiful then and you still are now. I would have loved to hear you sing. GREAT PICS!! I really enjoyed this post!

    Have a wonderful (and cool) day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun pictures! A blast from the past for you for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you were a wee slip of a girl with big, big hair! "Those were the days, my friend / We thought they'd never end . . . ."

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL pictures. I loathed my high school years and there are (I hope) no pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic pictures! How fun!! I loved this!

    ReplyDelete