Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Well, we're in for another hot one here in Brooklyn.  They say it will be slightly cooler, but the humidity higher.  It's already up to 80%.  No plans for me today.  Trying to save some money to pay back some bills.  Seems I can't ever leave the house without spending something.  Well, maybe that's not true.  I don't spend when I go to the park, but I do have to spend to get there, and now that I am full fare it just doesn't seem worth $5.50.  Could put that money to better use.  Not that I don't enjoy the park.  I love it--the peace and quiet one doesn't find elsewhere in Brooklyn.  

Went to classes yesterday. We are learning a new dance for our performance at the annual 1199 retiree Christmas party.  I missed last year because I didn't know you had to get your tickets in  September, but you'd best believe I am going to get a ticket this year.  They say the food is scrumptious....and you even get a gift.  No way do I miss.  Will need to get a dressy dress though. 
So this is what we made in class yesterday.  A pendant.  Wasn't easy.  All those small beads with not the greatest eyesight and stiff fingers, but it gives such satisfaction when completed.
I had a pink leather cord at home so I put the clasps on and the pendant and decided that this will be a Christmas gift.

A couple pictures from my arts and crafts class.  
Would you believe the woman standing up celebrated her 85th birthday last year?  She sure doesn't look it.
 The Spanish lady with the glasses is our arts and crafts teacher.

Got home from class yesterday and found my fairy stone had arrived.  According to native legend,  this stone brings health and prosperity and protects one against evil spirits.  These stones embody the nurturing energy of the Earth.  They are her children and bring to light the concerns for her and her well being.  Legend holds that these were formed from  the tears of fairies. 




5 comments:

  1. Very pretty pendant Mary! Another beautiful Christmas gift for some lucky gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 85? She has some seriously good genes working with her.
    Love the pendant. Stay as cool as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s almost too hot to do anything! They say here at least (D.C) that it’s going to break soon.. and be not as bad the end of the week..and the weekend looks like gorgeous forecast!

    You do such fun activities!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pendant you made is so pretty! 85?? Good for her!! Stay cool! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete