Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning everyone.  Well the heat is back, the break didn't last too long, but when you look at it, we are almost halfway through July, and half the year is almost over.  Before we know it, September will be here, and we'll be starting to make preparations for Autumn, another of my favorite times of the year.  Actually, there is no season that I don't like. That's why I am glad I live in an area where I can experience all four.

Yesterday I finished the following project in arts and crafts.
Have to tighten up the one side a bit.  Everything I make now is going to be Christmas presents.  Not going to go overboard like I did last year.  Still trying to pull myself out of the sea of debt.

Felt like having something light to eat last night.  Had a big lunch yesterday, a huge burger, and after Sunday's dinner, I have to cut back some.  This was a perfect choice.  Yummy and filling.
Egg white omelet with onions, peppers, and Mexican cheese topped over an ancient grain Tumaro wrap, with tomato slices and avocado. First one this season.  Both hubby and I have tried, but we have really had a hard time finding a good one.  They look gorgeous on the outside and then when you slice into it, it's all black inside.  I sure lucked out this time. 
 
Dug out one of my favorite books last night.  Every once in awhile I read through it again.  It's actually a very beautiful book filled with beautiful pictures, recipes, and old tales.  Just love it. 

This weekend I found myself going through withdrawal symptom from leaving Ancestry, but I did the right thing. They have helped me so much, and I have nothing bad to say about them, but I've gone as far I can go.  My mom had never allowed me to meet my dad's family, so I knew nothing about them.  I didn't even know their names.  But with the help of Ancestry, I've pieced the family together.  I started by looking up my dad's name. and I can't begin to tell you the joy I felt when I found him in the 1930 census living with his great grandmother.  It took me months to find out more about her.  Women change their names, but eventually through Find a Grave I got my answers and was then able to trace dad's family back to Norfolk, England.
 My great great grandmother, Constance Mary.  I wish I had been able to meet her.  They say she was a wonderful woman who read tea leaves. 

10 comments:

  1. Your GG-grandmother looks like a very pleasant woman -- I can imagine her with her British accent reading your tea leaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I met her one time when I was a very little girl. I remember two ladies with English accents.

      Delete
  2. Is that from your macrame class, Mary? VERY NICE!! Fun, isn't it?

    Yes, the heat is most definitely back again. Oh well, que sera sera, eh? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was macrame. It was fun, but between my eyesight and stiff fingers, I had a hard time of it. Looking forward to more, though.

      Delete
  3. The heat isn't going away this year. I loved summer when I was a kid but I am now old and I love chilly weather. As I always say... I keep better in the cold ❄
    Your light dinner looks and sounds delicious!
    Love "The Faerie Book"!!!
    The picture of your Great-Grandmother is beautiful. She read tea leaves...how magical is that!!!
    Love the bracelet...so pretty, or maybe it's a necklace.

    Lovely post 🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep better in the cooler weather as well. I get a little cranky when it's too hot.

      Delete
  4. It’s hot here too… And I am not welcoming the heat. But I’m still out walking in it!!! Your dinner looked fantastic and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like three of the four seasons we get here. Not a fan of the sweaty season.
    Your G Grandmother's smile is truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work looks beautiful! Me too enjoy all the climate!Will change all the settings accordingly. Amazing food for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bracelet! You are great at crafts! Your omelet looks so good! I love all 4 seasons too! Your Great Great Grandmother is beautiful! I love your book too!

    ReplyDelete