Sunday, July 15, 2018

Sunday Selections

I must apologize a head of time. This is not a very pretty Sunday selections for sure.  In fact, it is downright disgusting.  I just don't understand why people can't take some pride in their neighborhood. I will go out of my way to find garbage pail.  Is it any wonder I want to move?  Please bear in mind that this is NOT an inner city slum neighborhood, and it wasn't like this when we moved here.  Sunset Park is basically a decent neighborhood, a safe neighborhood, but Brooklyn is a borough of changing neighborhoods.  One ethnic group moves in and the old ethnic group moves out.  It's been like this since the beginning of Brooklyn.  Ever changing neighborhoods. 

And it's not like this throughout Sunset Park.   Just this one avenue, this one ethnic group that has taken over,  is out of control, and sadly, all this is  only a block away from me.  I usually steer clear of it, but the subway station is located there so now that I am minus my half fare card, I have to head over this way just about every day until it comes in.
This and the following photo are at the bus stop.  It doesn't look like much, but it sure does add up.  As you look at that cup keep in mind there is a garbage pail 8 feet away.  One is bad enough, but when you multiply them by many, it does get worse....
...and it does get worse....a lot worse.  Notice the garbage pail in the next picture has room.  So why throw everything on the ground?


This last photo is taken outside of the subway entrance.  Is it any wonder I hate to go there? Who knows what critters are hiding in there.  Part of the blame for this one goes to the city for not doing their job, but what excuse is there for the other ones?  





4 comments:

  1. How sad to see these photos and disgusting. City living can be wonderful as much as anywhere else..."IF" one can do their part to help keep it clean and livable.
    The city should be held responsible also. They receive tax dollars to maintain and to pay for upkeep. Debris such as this breeds disease because as you said, it attracts critters' like rats and cockroaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just awful. We have some rubbish around, but no where near that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t understand it!!!!! Why? People are just hogs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand?? This is so sad!!! I'm so sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete