Sunday, July 8, 2018

Sunday Selections

Ah, today's post centers on the very special ladies who inhabit my little abode along with me and my hubby.  They are all very special to me.  And what you see here is by no means all of it.  Just can't  help it.  I'm a collector.
I love her....my handpainted crone/wise woman altar figure.  I purchased her at a vintage shop on Etsy when I turned 70.  I realized then that it  was time for me to embrace the crone.  She is the embodiment of a wise woman, the loving grandmother who has so much wisdom to share.
This is my little hand painted Star of the Sea Stella Maris wooden peg doll.   She's fairly new to my collection.  I know I already showed her, but how special she is.  She is not only the patroness of the sea, but also those in throes of the stormy seas of life.
Our Lady of Lourdes, one of the most famous apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary who appeared in place in southern France.   I prayed to her before I had my lung biopsy, and she heard me.  The nodule was benign.
Rosa Mistica, the famous apparition of Mary that appeared in Montichiari, a small town in northern Italy at the foot of the Alps. When my great niece was missing I lit candles and prayed to her to bring my niece safely home. Two hours later my niece was found safe and sound.

 Our Lady of Guadalupe. She needs no introduction. 
My marble statue of Hestia, goddess of the house from Greek mythology.  She traveled all the way from Athens, Greece to join our household.  
Aurora, the Roman goddess of dawn.  She brings the light. She represents renewal and the new hope that each day brings. 

And finally....
The Morrighan.  She makes  her appearance during late fall when I set up the autumn and Halloween decor, but she is never far from sight. 

7 comments:

  1. What fun figurines. I love the crone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful collection of goddesses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all very precious and wonderful...a great collection!
    I also collect old women statues for the same reason...at 72 I am a crone :)
    Have a lovely day~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a "collector" as well Mary and these are beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are indeed a collector. Of things which have meaning for you - which is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all. But The Morrigan is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous pieces! Truly love them all! Thank you for sharing some of your special stories! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete