Friday, July 13, 2018

Friday Roundup

The end of the week has arrived, and it has been a good one.  Had lots of fun at my classes, and yesterday went to brunch yesterday with my Weight Watcher buddies.  Pleasant company and lots of laughter.  And good food.  I had a spinach omelet, home fries, and whole wheat toast.  What more could I ask for?  When I was working, I didn't really have friends. I used to call them friends, but what I had was acquaintances.  Work peers.  But not friends.  Oh, our boss would take us out to eat to celebrate a good audit, but there is something special about going out to eat with friends.   It's a whole new world out there for me, and I'm embracing every minute of it.

I purchased some silver chain and plan on making some charm bracelets for my daughter and granddaughters and probably for a couple of friends.  Both of my granddaughters are nurses so I have ordered a special charm for each of them.  Wow!!!  At this rate I'll be finished with most of my Christmas gifts by September.  Speaking of Christmas...

We are finally going to have our Christmas.  On the 28th we'll be heading out to Sunset Cove in Terrytown, NY for their annual Christmas in July show.  Plenty of  cartoon characters in costume and a parade of boats adorned in Christmas lights.  So much fun. Like that movie, "Christmas on the Bayou".   Then, the day after we are planning to head out to finally celebrate our Christmas.  Finally.  So much has happened, and finally it's all coming together. It's been six month waiting, and now there is a new member to celebrate with. 

My great granddaughter is 3 weeks old.  Look how sweet she is.  


I can't wait to get out there and hold her.  


I ordered some wax shots from a new vendor on Etsy. They smell heavenly, but I don't have a burner for them so I have to wait for the real benefit.  From left to right:
  1. Purification blend of  light citrus, flower petals, ginger, tea, musk and sandalwood to bring back positive energy and renew the  spirit!
  2. Mermaid Hair which is a blend of  cream, jasmine and muguet 
  3. Unicorn Magic which is a blend of  raspberry, sugar and vanilla 
Because it's a new shop I ordered something small, but if these are any indication of the quality of the  rest of the items, I will definitely be ordering the larger sized candles. 

Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend.






9 comments:

  1. Glad that you had such a good week. It is always great to send time with good friends!

    That new shop sounds awesome! Mermaid hair? Hmmm,, must check that one out for sure!

    Have a wonderful Christmas in July with family!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shop is on Etsy. It is called Scented Spells.

      Delete
  2. Your new great-granddaughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time with friends, Christmas shopping almost finished, a beautiful and sweet great-granddaughter and wax shots from a new store on Etsy and celebrating Christmas on the 28th...what wonderful magick there is in your life~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd had plans for a family Christmas in PA for Christmas Day, but my daughter fell Christmas Eve and broke her ankle badly. Needed surgery. Then when she was starting to feel better, my son's apartment building caught fire. Once he was back in, 5 weeks ago, we decided to hold off until the baby came. So it's been a long time coming.

      Delete
  4. Your great granddaughter is a honey. Enjoy your delayed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is excellent to have almost all your Christmas shopping done! Have a great time for your Christmas in July! Sounds like so much fun! Your great-granddaughter is priceless! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete