Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Happy Tuesday.  Well, yesterday was my last day of Monday classes, and I'm feeling kind of blue.  I'm really going to miss the classes and the friends I made there.  I know it's only a month, but I've grown so attached to the classes and the friends I made there.  I do have qigong and dance tomorrow, but it all depends on how my back feels.  

We had a pizza party in arts and crafts.  I don't usually eat pizza much as I love it because of my blood pressure, but I had one slice and really enjoyed it. Started making this bracelet in class yesterday, but there is much more to do.  This is the foundation.  She even gave us some homework to do during our month off.  LOL!!!
Awhile back I told you I canceled my Ancestry membership as I wasn't getting anyplace, but I do have it until the end of the month, so yesterday for the heck of it I went to my tree to check out the hints.  And what do I find?  Another cousin.  His mom was my dad's sister.  There was even a picture of her. As you may recall, I never knew anything about my dad's family until I started doing genealogy.  Oh, we visited with his twin and his wife at Christmas, but the rest I knew nothing about.  Never met my paternal grandparents.  Never even knew their names.  So finding him was a biggie to me.  Three years ago I found another cousin, and we finally met last summer.  

I sent this latest cousin a message and am hoping to hear from him.  It's also got me to thinking that maybe I should just keep the standard Ancestry.  It's only $19.99 per month which I can afford.  The World Ancestry I had was $39.99 a month.  I don't need that anymore, but it would be nice to keep the U.S. just in case.
This is one of my favorite pieces.  Ocean Jasper.  Sorry, the camera does not show its true beauty. Holding this piece supposedly provides a direct connection to the wisdom and spirits of the ocean and encourages us to tune into what brings us bliss and channels the power of the ocean for releasing and purification. It transmits light both physically and energetically. Ocean Jasper is found on the edge of the sea in Madagascar. 

My little unicorns arrived yesterday.  I'm a sucker when I see on Etsy that it's the last one available.  I just have to have it.  Bad practice on my part.  I end up buying things I don't need just because I don't want to be left out, but these little unicorns are so special and magickal.

Have a good one.



13 comments:

  1. You're making such lovely jewelry in that class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying this class. In September I am going to start the loom knitting class as well. It gives you such a good feeling when you complete something,

      Delete
  2. Treating yourself to something you love once in a blue moon like pizza is necessary sometimes. I love it too, and eat a slice or two once every couple of weeks since starting my diet again.

    Pretty bracelet, can't wait to see what it will look like after you finish it!

    Speaking of relatives, you might want to check out one of the blogs I belong to called CJ & Ink (it is on my blog roll on my main page). CJ posted a pick today of her mother and father's cemetery headstones and her mother's name was MARY TODISCO. I thought it interesting and just wanted to pass it on in case there was any family connection there for you?

    Have a great rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check that out. Could be related to my ex-husband's family. My maiden name was Holmes. We never really divorced before he passed so I just kept the name rather than change everything back to my maiden name. I do believe in coincidences and that definitely is one worth checking on. Especially for you to know of two Mary Todisco's.

      Delete
    2. I checked out the blog. It was eerie seeing my name on a headstone. Nonetheless, I commented and asked if they had any family in New York. Wouldn't that be something?

      Delete
    3. I can only imagine how eerie it was seeing that. It would kinda freak me out too I think LOL! Anyway, CJ is a really cool lady and I am sure she will reply in kind to your comment. Happy to help. Yes, it really would be something if there was a connection there.

      BTW, there goes that serendipity again, eh? lol

      Delete
  3. I've been searching my genealogy for quite some time. As you know it's a long process and takes lots of patience. I've thought of scrapping the Ancestry account in the beginning, but the thought of losing all the time I invested had me keeping up my membership. Send me your Ancestry handle and I can send you a link to my family tree. It's public. You're welcome to poke around to see if there are any connections. I am Heathwave24 if you want to message me through Ancestry. Heathwave24@yahoo.com if you want to email me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love finding out about my ancestry.
    Your bracelet is going to be stunning.
    The photo of your Ocean Jasper looks like three moons of different sizes...neat!!!
    Your unicorn is darling. I love buying myself items that make me happy!!!

    Big Hugs ❤💮❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and how nice that there will be more classes to come in a month.

    I did ancestors for a short time but never really got into it. Other members of my family did so I get information from them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so very creative. Could you meet up with some of the people from the class in your vacation month?

    ReplyDelete
  7. When my Zumba class closed, I was soblost without the comraderie and friendship that the class offered!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Ocean Jasper looks lovely. I have to pick up one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Homework? You better get it done! The month will go fast! The bracelet is looking beautiful! Way to go on finding another cousin! I love the jasper piece and your unicorns are beautiful! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete