Monday, July 2, 2018

Monday Morning This and That

Good morning.  A new week begins.  A hot and humid one for sure.  Didn't do much at all this weekend.  It is just far too hot to do much of anything.  Inn fact, it is pretty brutal out there.  Besides, until my new metrocard arrives I can't really afford to travel much, and the park nearby is just too small and too close to all the traffic and passerby's.  Not peaceful like my favorite place--Owl's Head Park.  I stayed in on Friday and did some cooking.  Stayed in on Saturday and started working on my Christmas gifts.  Never too early to get it out of the way.  Homemade gifts this year.  I can't afford to spend what I did last year.  Wondering if I will ever catch up.  

Here's a couple of gifts I made.  Well, actually, these were gifts to myself, but this is what I plan on giving to the women.

The gifts for the rest I will buy with the Amazon gift cards I get from taking surveys.  Last year I made almost $200 taking surveys online.  It's tedious and takes a bit of time, but  it makes me feel productive while I earn a little money.   They pay by gift cards or putting money on your Paypal account.  I always get Amazon gift cards.  I already have $83 worth of gift cards for Christmas.

Made a couple of low point dishes for this week.  This is my weigh in week so I am planning on salads for dinner every night.  Sounds boring, but I love salads.  When you have a yummy dressing like Bragg's Organic Ginger and Sesame you can't go wrong.  Only problem is it's not easy to find.  Have to make a special trip to get it, and you all know the metrocard issue I am having.  I made the following to add some protein to my salad.  Black and White Summer Bean Salad.
1 can each black and white beans--drained
Celery
Cherry tomatoes
Cucumbers 
Parsley
Red onion
Olive oil
Red wine vinegar 

Also made a low point sugarless dessert because I always get hungrier the week of weigh in. I know it's psychological, that little food devil sitting on my shoulder encouraging me to fail. 
Pears, apples, cinnamon, apple pie spice, and vanilla extract sauteed in Smart Balance Light. It's easy once you get past the peeling, coring and chopping stage. 

This morning I am heading to my classes.  Hate having to leave the coolness of the AC, and it's no picnic standing out there waiting for buses, but in August they close for the entire month so I have to get to all the classes while I can. Then in August, I usually head over to Owl's Head and Coney Island to get out of the house....but not in heat like this.  Just walking to the fruit stand yesterday did me in. 

Have a good one. 

7 comments:

  1. $200 for surveys isn’t bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. The heat is dangerously nasty and we have had heat advisories for the past two days here. This morning at 8:30am is was already 80 degrees, it is currently 86 at 10am and rising.

    Beautiful necklaces. The women will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay as cool as you can. In the hot weather I tend to turn into a troll and only come out at night.
    Love that salad - and beans are a big winner in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about your heat wave in New York on the news last night. Be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so hot outside that it is hard to breathe. I am very grateful for air conditioning. Cool is coming this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay cool! $200.00?? That's excellent! Good for you! Love the necklaces! Thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete