Monday, July 30, 2018

Monday Morning This and That

This is it.  My first Monday with no place to go.  Well, actually not quite true.  It's the end of the month so I have to get to the banks to get bill money ready.  Then, after a stop at the store my Monday is totally free.  Oh, what to do with myself!  My Reiki lessons are awaiting.  I've already been attuned to Level 1.  Working on Level 2 now.

Had a wonderful fun-filled weekend.  So what if Christmas was canceled.  We did have Christmas on the Hudson, and it was fantastic as you can see.  Just being with family again warmed my heart.   We had so many laughs.  I actually forgot about my pain.  We also talked about just forgetting about Christmas 2017 and focusing on Christmas 2018. The gifts are already at my daughters house, and there they are going to stay.  Christmas candles for my granddaughters will always be welcome. Barbie dolls for my great granddaughters.  They never get too old for that.  And a ghost game for my great grandsons.  I don't think they will outgrow it.  Only change will probably be the little stuffy I bought for my youngest great granddaughter.  I'll probably by her something new and give the stuffy to my newest great granddaughter.

Tarrytown is a little town located in Westchester County, New York.  It's actually quite close to Sleepy Hollow, another place I hope to visit soon.  The towns in Westchester are so quaint.  It would really be a great place to live if I drove a car.  Not much in the way of public transportation up there...and I imagine it's not so cheap to live there either.
 A beautiful evening as the sun begins to fade.  
 Santa's boat.

My great nephew.  So proud of this boy.  He's 16 years old and attends the High School for Law Enforcement and Public Safety.  He had plans on becoming a police officer.  Now he is talking about joining the marines.
My great neice.  This is the little girl who was missing that time.  She is just entering high school.  Her mom is in for a hard time.  I can see it now.  Underneath that sweat shirt was a very exposing tank top. 

 Santa and Mrs. Santa.  Mrs. Santa was a wee bit young in my opinion. 
Frosty.
 Another view of Santa's boat.
 Frosty's boat.
 This was so beautiful in person.
Part of the parade of boats.
That's my other great niece.  She is quite a handful.  Her mom already has problems with her.  If you ask me, she is far too spoiled so does anything she wants.  She ruined the night out for many of us with her constant demands and carrying on. 
At the entrance way.  My great niece actually popped the balloon set up that was across from this one and was doing her best to mangle this one until someone stepped in.  Her mom pretty much does nothing, and God forbid someone chides the child.  Mom gets mad.
 One of the boats. 
 My son, my daughter, and myself.

This is my niece/goddaughter.  She's sweet and loving and works hard to support her four children.  But, sometimes giving them everything they want is not the answer. 

Fabulous, fabulous night.  Stayed up way past my bedtime and ended up with a two hour nap yesterday...which messed with last night's sleep.  Tossed and turned until about 3 am, then back up at 7.  No naps today for sure.  Have to get back on schedule.



6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time. Christmas can come anytime of the year when family is around. It is not the day or the gifts, but the love that is shared. I remember visiting Tarrytown a lifetime ago, and it was very nice place. I lived at the end of the Bronx and went to school in White Plaines, NY (took the train) and am very familiar with West Chester. That was many years ago but I am sure that those lovely towns along the route are even nicer today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son is in Riverdale in the Bronx. So beautiful, but so many hills. I couldn't do it with this arthritis.

      Delete
  2. It looks like a wonderful time. A truly wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics and looks like you all had a wonderful time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful time! Love the photos! Sorry about the misbehaved children!!

    ReplyDelete