Monday, July 9, 2018

Monday Morning This and That

Good morning everyone.  Are you ready for the new week?  I am.  The heat wave broke with the rain storms on Friday, and we've had some wonderful summer weather.   Stayed in on Friday.  Actually slept late for a change.  I knew the storms were coming so there was no need to rush.  Actually, I do have to break myself of that habit.  Rushing.  I rise early in the morning. and sometimes I have a meal cooking by 8 am.  I'm retired now.  I have ALL day to do it.  Why does it have to be done in the morning.  I should be taking advantage of long, slow mornings, sipping my tea, and relaxing in my chair.  I bought a gratitude journal just for morning writings, but do I take the time to do it?  

Saturday I went to the park for about an hour.  Not my favorite park, but until I get my half fare card back, I'm only going to travel for classes and Weight Watchers.  I so dislike that subway station, and when they told me I would have to go there to buy a temporary card every day I needed one rather than sell me a few, I decided then that my favorite park would have to wait. 
This park is named after Leif Erickson.  Back in the day this was pretty much a Scandinavian area of Brooklyn, so the park has a Viking theme to it. If you enlarge and look closely you will see that the silver object is a Viking ship and the little statue off to the side is a little troll. 

Last night we had dinner out and went to the movies to see  the latest Jurassic Park; it was awesome with 3D glasses.  And we also saw Ralph's choice of movie, Super Fly.  Both were great, but I am partial to the first one.   For dinner we headed over to TGIF.  It's hard to make a good food choice there.  I wasn't so much concerned about calories or points as much as the fact that they are notoriously known for their heavy sodium use.  Checked online beforehand and pretty much knew what I was going to get--Dragon glazed chicken and super vegetables.
The chicken was delicious and tender enough to eat with a fork.  I did regret, however, that instead of a double order of supper veggies I chose to have one and an order of broccoli.  Took two bites of broccoli and left the rest.  It was so salty.  But it was a beautiful place, although quite noisy, and we had a window seat by the water.




Later we went to the movies and saw Jurassic World (my choice) and Sicario: Day of the Soldado (hubby's choice).  I lay in bed last night trying to imagine those great giants trudging through the area that was now my bedroom.   Hard to imagine they were once here.

Today I am off to my classes.  Sadly, today we say good bye to our meditation facilitator.  He upcoming school schedule interferes with the time of our class.  I will miss her greatly, but I do wish her well in all her future endeavors. 


10 comments:

  1. I’m glad you were able to enjoy some time at the park during the gorgeous summer weather this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also...would you be willing to answer some questions and share your before and after photos on my blog. I can be reached at believeinmyselfmaryfran @ Gmail dot com if you would be interested!!

      Delete
    2. I would definitely be willing. Thank you for considering me.

      Delete
    3. Excellent! I can’t wait to hear your responses. Just shoot me an email with your email address and I will send the questions off to you. My email address was in my first comment and is on my website on the contact page

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was, but it was tiring. I told hubby when I was young I could stay out half the night partying and get up for work with no problem. Now I get home a little after 11 and I feel like I was hit with a sledgehammer.

      Delete
  3. I love being retired but I still get up early. Anywhere from 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM. Habit I guess :)
    You and your hubby have the right idea...sharing decisions on what to see at the movies and places to eat.
    What a gorgeous view you had...wow!!!
    Your new favorite park is lovely...I don't blame you for the option between the other park and jumping thru hoops to get there!

    Have a Wonderful Day~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos and sounds like a wonderful night out! Dinner and movie is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am if anything up earlier since I retired.
    I do love the early morning light.
    Too much salt? Bleah. We don't add it to anything and it amazes me how very salty many restaurant meals are.
    I hope you get your replacement card soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great time out!
    The place you ate at looks really nice! Too bad about the broccoli! Glad the heat wave broke!!

    ReplyDelete