Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Tuesday Rant

Our new supers have to go. A few of us neighbors called the office yesterday to complain.  I'm all for giving someone a chance, but these two guys? First off, there are two brothers and their wives living in their FREE apartment. They do nothing and their wives are snobbish and unfriendly. I was walking in the door the other day, and one of them was standing there.  She frowned and turned her head on me. Actually, I was very surprised to find out they were our new supers because one brother is the one who did a half ass job painting my apartment after the rewiring.  He's the one who left paint all over my floor and holes in the wall. Management actually had to hire someone else to come in and clean up his mess. 

This is how he left my floors.  Handed me and old rusty scraper and told me water will make it come off easier.

When he was done with my apartment back then , he left his mess in the lobby for the old supers to clean. They seem to be doing the same thing now.


 It's like they ran out of room on the other side.
 These pails have set here full for ages.  Wonder what's in them.
This is the other side of the courtyard.  Nothing is ever put out for the garbage.  It's much too easy to just put it in the backyard and let it sit there.

This is my view from my living room window of the other courtyard.  Used to be spotless.  Now all the stuff is swept under my neighbor's window.  She is furious and called the city.  That window is her means of escape in case of a fire.

Hot water has been iffy since Friday. I need that hot water in the morning to get the kinks out of my body and relieve some of the pain I get up with.  They never respond when you contact them. They don't open the door when you knock, pick up their phone, or respond to text messages.  The hot water sometimes went out with the old super as well, but it was immediately fixed, and if it was going to take a few hours, they put a note up to let tenants know. Just giving us some info about what's going on takes some of the frustration away.

I'm afraid to take the garbage anymore. They added more garbage pails so the lazy asses don't have to take care of it as often. Now I see a rat trap back there and it smells so bad the other day I almost threw up.

Our building used to be so nice. Plants in the lobby, always clean. People used to remark what a nice building this was and how they could get an apartment here.  Now the lobby floor rarely gets mopped and even when it is, no exertion is spent getting the dirt out.  This rug has been like this all week.  No one even sweeps it.



 And the front of the building?  Suffice it to say they have already received a summons from sanitation.

Even more troubling is that I now see  packages that have sat  in the lobby for more than a few days  opened and put into a corner, wide open so anyone can reach in and grab something. Never happened before so I am assuming it is our supers doing it. People may be on vacation. They have have no right to open someone else's package, super or not.

So that's it.  That's my rant of the day.  Tune in for further episodes.

12 comments:

  1. My gosh, Mary, I hope you send these pictures and others to the building management office. This is so wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have. We've all taken pictures. They are so lazy.

      Delete
  2. This is a disgrace through no fault of yours and the other tenants!
    Health wise it could become serious even without the problem of covid-19!
    How sad to have to live with trash outside their window. I would think the city would be more concerned!
    I am so sorry to see this Mary 🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old supers were always cleaning. The wife was friendly and if you had a problem was right there to help. Took this guy 4 hours to respond to my text about the hot water.

      Delete
  3. oh my gosh, i would loose my mind. so sorry you have to deal with that. people just have no common sense or courtesy anymore.
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first day I saw them here I could not believe they hired them. They actually had to pay someone else to come in and fix the job they did on my apartment.

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry to read this. No one needs aggravation like this at the best of times - which this isn't. I do hope that building management listens to your totally justifiable complaints - and acts on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too hope that building management listens to your complaints - and acts on them.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete