Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Crazy Dream

It was a such a beautiful summer day yesterday.  Almost a touch of fall in the morning.  It was in the low 60's when I woke, and I hurriedly showered and dressed for a walk.  Haven't been doing much of that lately, and it's taking it's toll.  Muscles aches from non-use and shortness of breath on exertion because of sitting so long...and gaining weight.  But, it's just been too hot and humid even walking in the early morn.  Yesterday was different, though, and I found breathing was much easier and although I did have pain, I was able to do 6 blocks.  That's quite an accomplishment for someone who could barely do one a week ago. 

I've also determined to take some of this weight off and have been focusing more now on fruits and veggies.  The food I get from the Dept. of Aging is usually pasta or chicken.  The pasta I have been giving to the young couple next door, and I have been stir frying the chicken with veggies and seasonings.  My favorite is Harissa spice. 

Had a crazy dream. I was living in some place with  a a lot of other people. Me and another person were told that we had to cook for everyone. I wanted to make a big pot of sauce, but was told the other person was making that so I had to make chicken soup. The person in charge of the sauce then gave me the money for the chicken since 'my dish was more work and more expensive.'  

In the store, I picked up a huge chicken and a woman who worked for the store came up and told me, "You have to pay for that chicken now". My response, "But I have more shopping to do. I will pay for it with all the other stuff." "No it has to be now". she demanded. "I will pay for it when I get all the stuff I need. Why should I have to go to the register twice? I'll pay all at once." 

"No, you have to pay for it now.  SHE gave you the money for it."  "I tell you what, I'll give YOU the money and YOU go pay for it now."  She refused so I put the chicken back and continued shopping for all the other ingredients.  I kept forgetting things and going back to look for them.  I remember passing the aisle where I had placed the chicken, and the woman stood there guarding it.  Never did get finished with my shopping before I woke up so I don't know if I ever paid for the chicken. 

Told you it was a crazy dream.

Here's a few more pictures I did for my great grands.














15 comments:

  1. You're giving that colouring book a real workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven’t gotten your cooler weather here yet in PA, although it is more mid 80s than the mid to high 90’s we have had most of the summer. I did my first outdoor long walk in months today and I came home huffing and puffing. Like you, I have to build up stamina. I know both you and I can do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was talking to a friend and she feels the same way. Has a hard time with her breathing.

      Delete
  3. I hope the cooler weather sticks around. I find it very, very hard to exercise (which I need to do) in the heat.
    What a frustrating dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, but I fear more heat is right around the corner. It never leaves this easily.

      Delete
  4. The weather is definitely something that needs to be considered before setting out on walk.
    Go slow and don't overdo.
    That was a weird dream. I believe it has something to do with the stress we are all feeling.
    Lovely hues of color once again.

    Stay Safe 🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right about the dream. I have been under a lot of stress.

      Delete
  5. Great coloring pages.
    You should check out the Color Me Your Way books. There are 6 in all right now. We discovered them at Costco a few years ago, and then it turns out the lady that creates them is actually a neighbor! Talk about small world!!!!
    Wow that is a crazy dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will definitely check those books out.

      Delete
  6. or cool weather is the mid 90's..you're dreams are as weird as mine..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat a lot of chicken so that explains that part of it. LOL.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I am going to frame these for my great grandchildren.

      Delete
  8. Love your colouring pages.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete