Wednesday, August 19, 2020

I'm Such A Foodie

I love to eat.  And that's my problem regarding my weight.  Not enough exercise and too much food.  Too much comfort foods since shelter in place and not enough fruit.  My body is letting me know it's time to find other means of comfort.  

Yesterday afternoon I lay down to take a nap and the doorbell rang.  It was the Dept. of Aging with a huge box of sandwiches.  Each plastic container held a roll or a bagel, ham, American cheese, baby carrots, and an apple.  There were 18 containers.  I took two out, one for me and one for hubby, and brought the rest next door and asked that they take them to the homeless people they feed.  There is a community of homeless who live down on 3rd Avenue and they are more than happy to receive the food.

Been craving pizza, and when I sent my Amazon Fresh order in I ordered one of those Red Baron Classic Crust Four Cheese Pizzas.  That's the pizza on the commercial where the mother earns her badge because the family eats all their dinner.  Yesterday I told hubby I had something different for our lunch and put it in the oven.  I was surprised at how GOOD it was, and even hubby went back for seconds.  I never give commercials much thought as the food is never as good as they claim it, but, boy oh boy, this pizza was the real thing.  We cleaned it up. And it was only $3.99 for a large pie.  Can't beat that.


Next I want to find a good recipe to make my own.  That way I can control the sodium level....which is what keeps me away from eating a slice more often.  

I like to eat.  Mostly I try to eat healthy, but since Covid I've been finding comfort in junk foods.  I don't care for candy, thank goodness, and I'll eat a cookie, but it's not my first choice.  What I love is cake and ice cream.   



Discovered these little cake bites on Amazon and instantly became addicted.  These two were my favorites.  I also tried their Lemon Cakebites and Cinna-crumb Cakebites.  I did something yesterday that made me feel proud.  I got all the ones I had left, put them on a paper plate, and put them in the lobby for whoever wants.  Not only was I giving my neighbors a real treat, but also showing willpower in my quest for weight loss.  I did see they also had a pumpkin spice which would probably be delicious around Halloween time.  We'll see.

And finally, last night I had the urge for my own cooking so I put together some American Goulash.

 
I really enjoyed it. 








10 comments:

  1. Just so you know...I am now feeling like I need to raid the fridge or at least rustle through the cabinets for something sweet and something salty :)
    I love that you share what you have with others. You have a beautiful and loving heart.
    Keep being safe and keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those little cakes are delicious. That's why I gave them away. They were too good.

      Delete
  2. During the pandemic, I've been doing a lot more cooking and baking than usual. Some things are a success and some are utter failures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just the opposite. A lot less cooking, but that's because food was delivered to me.

      Delete
  3. I love that you shared the bounty - and wish you success with your weight loss journey.
    I am really, really pleased that your goulash was good. Chocolate is my weakness. Cake and/or icecream don't tempt. Chocolate does. And I fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like dark chocolate. Always keep a big bar in the refrigerator and break off a piece now and then.

      Delete
  4. So nice of you to share, it's good to help each other out.

    Take care, stay safe and well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. i cook just for me, but I cook like I'm cooking for 33 ...so i eat a lot..lost all that weight and now I've gained 10 of it back..fuck.

    ReplyDelete