Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Tuesday Ramble

Ah, Tuesday already.  Thank goodness tomorrow is check day for me.  This Covid has really wiped me out financially.  I am really check to check right now.  Even after the stimulus check which basically all went for food.  Hoping another one comes in soon. Food prices are rising and utilities offer no relief  aside from allowing you to pay late, something I wouldn't do.  I'll only have to pay it in the long run, so I'd rather get it over with instead of having my bill add up.  My neighbor learned that the hard way.  The first month she did not pay rent saying that it would leave her broke after paying the rest of her bills.  Now she is saying she wishes she had stayed broke because she is still trying to make up that month.

Now, hubby is back to work but not as he used to be.  Right now he is only doing vouchers, taking people back and forth to the dialysis clinic.  They are basically local calls....and we worry less about them having Covid than if he was taking on regular calls.  Yes, it is a cut in the salary he used to bring home prior to Covid, but I say rather safe than sorry.   

A few more pics from Sunday.

Thought the black sails were interesting.
Looking up from our bench.
Towing a huge barge in.

In early July I cleaned out my spice cupboard. Was surprised to find that many of my spices had expired so I tossed them. I then ordered a starter kit from Amazon: Cinnamon, Cumin, Ginger, Nutmeg, Turmeric, Mustard Seeds, Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Sage, Tarragon, Rosemary, Parsley, Cayenne Pepper, Smoked Paprika, Chili Flakes, Italian aromatics, Provencal, Mexican, Seafood, Indian, Coriander, Smoked Chili, and Himalayan Pink. I wasn't too keen on the salts because I don't use them, but I figured what the heck, there is only two and it was a great bargain for $48.

Well, when I got the order, it wasn't as described. Many of the herbs were mixed withe the sea salt, only got two Italian aromatics and none of the others. So I wrote to the company via Amazon. No response. Wrote again. Meanwhile I had to spend more money to buy spices to replace those that I didn't get and needed. Wrote a 3rd time and no response. I chalked it up as a loss and gave a scathing review on the Amazon site.

Then yesterday I figured let me try again. This time I went to the company's website and wrote them directly. Before the day was out I received a reply and an apology for missing my messages. They say they are refunding my money. Awesome. They did try to partially blame Amazon by saying that Amazon does make mistakes, but the fact is, it was a set that came from them. Amazon does not put them together. But, I'm getting my money back so I am thankful. And I will make an addition to my scathing review.

11 comments:

  1. When I'm on the Amazon site, I only order something if it is sold by and comes directly from Amazon itself. I never deal with third-party sellers on Amazon because god knows who you're dealing with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but they weren't third party sellers. That's why they tried to blame Amazon.

      Delete
  2. Lovely scenes from your Sunday outing.
    Sigh at the spices and I am glad that Amazon finally came to the party and refunded your money.
    I am with you, I would not be delaying paying those bills. The pain when they come due will send a lot of people to the wall I think.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I went to the company's website and wrote to them directly bypassing Amazon.

      Delete
  3. I went thru and cleaned out my spices also..and keep forgetting to get more of the ones I tossed..don't remember that til I hunt for them in cabinets..sigh*..I'm a dumbass..loved the photos..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured that I am home, I might as well take care of some de-cluttering. I found one that had a date of 2017 on it. Shame on me. LOL!!!

      Delete
  4. Amazing the results of perseverance. Sad it comes to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed with the order because the kit was perfect. I love cooking and it had everything I needed.

      Delete
  5. The covid going to be around for a while and this is going to be our new norm and we need to just get use to it. Things are going up in price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they don't take us oldsters into account.

      Delete
  6. Lovely photographs from your Sunday outing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete