Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Tuesday News

Good morning.  It's humid and hot here...and pretty calm...for now.  Tropical Storm Isiais is heading here later this afternoon.  Lots of rain and heavy winds are on the way. Also just heard there is a tornado watch until 4 pm. Going to be a rough day for sure. The poor restaurants that are already cash strapped have to bring in all the tables, chairs, and umbrellas set up for outdoor dining.  I'm hoping they have buckled things down next door.  Last time we had a big storm there was quite a mess. I always worry that something might blow right into our bedroom window since it is so close, but hubby says that can't happen.  I always tell him, "Don't be so sure about that."

So yesterday there were two surgeries I was concerned about.   My daughter had her bariatric surgery and all went well.  And my friend, Jack, from the center had cancer removed, and according to his wife, the doctor feels he got it all. Such good news.  Turned out to be a good day after all.

Had to do our monthly banking yesterday. What a fiasco that was. I thought we were going have to stand outdoors in the hot sun waiting for the outside window, but now they allow you in the lobby.  I was so happy to see that, but first you have to send them a text with your name and then wait in the outer lobby or your car until they call your name. Well, as I'm waiting I happened to notice that people came in after Ralph and were being taken in first. Seems he did it wrong. Some kind lady who heard her name sent the manager out to help us. She had no idea where he had  texted his name to. Grrr!!! What could have been one, two, three had turned into almost a half hour.


One of the meals I received had just plain brown rice.  I took the rice and some of the veggies that weren't to soggy, peppers, and onions and stir fried in a pan with a little low sodium soy sauce.  Tasted just like Chinese fried rice...aside from having no egg in it.

My 7th great granddaughter.  How big she is getting!



My three other female great grands. All had a birthday in June so it was celebrated together. I have to get a good updated photo of the three boys.

12 comments:

  1. Your greatgranddaughters are all cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bank is pain only drive through window is open. Lovily grand daughters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very glad that yesterday (apart from the bank) was a good day.
    And echoing Debra about your great grandies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like t he new norm, but what can I do. Have to go with the flow.

      Delete
  4. That dinner certainly looks better with your touch. Your great granddaughters are lovely.

    We got pummeled with the hurricane. My rain gauge said I got 12”. Hard to believe, but the rain and wind were pretty bad for a few hours. There is a lot of flooding and some tornadoes did a lot of damage. We didn’t have a tornado here but the winds knocked down lots of trees and many are without power. Just another day in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't have it that bad here in the city, but lots of trees came down. Our lights flickered a few times which really worried me, but thankfully we never lost power.

      Delete
  5. Your fried rice dish looks yummy!!
    I heard there was a tornado in NC and in NJ. The Jersey one was off the coast I think. Friend of mine shared video link on FB. She's out by Tom's River I think.
    Happiest of birthdays to all the great grands!!! All beautiful little girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a mess for awhile here, but the storm was very fast moving. By 4 pm the sun was shining again.

      Delete
  6. OH!!!! PS: stay safe and dry with this hurricane or tropical storm, which ever it ends up being.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do have lovely great grand-daughters.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete