Monday, August 17, 2020

Monday Morning This and That

Another week begins.  Yesterday was cool and wet so no sitting by the water for us.  I really missed it, but satisfied myself with a Golden Girls marathon instead.  I sure do love those girls.  In fact, so  much that this is my newest coloring book, and I can't wait to get at it. Lots of scenes from the show to color.



Amazon has been busy filling my orders this week.  It's been so dark in here since I had to close the drapes that it's even difficult to read during the day.  My eyes are not that good anymore, the tabletop light doesn't quite reach my rocker, and I hate to use the overhead light.  We have 12 foot ceilings and it's really hard to change the bulbs when they go out.  So I ordered this little reading light....


I love it.  It snaps on over the book and is easy to store.  It just folds over.  Well worth the $10 I spent for it.

Put my first order in for Amazon Fresh, and I was very pleased.  For fruits I ordered bananas, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, grapes, and blueberries.  They were all amazingly fresh and delicious.  I also ordered some of my frozen veggies through them.  You can't beat 86 cents for a bag of mixed veggies, or $1.29 for string beans.  Ordering was simply and delivery was quick.  In fact, it was my choice either to have it delivered that evening or the next day of which I choose the hours.  I chose the next day between 12 and 2, and sure enough, at 12:10 my order arrived.

My son and his girl moved into their new apartment on Saturday.  They are so happy to be back in their old neighborhood.  As a housewarming gift I sent them a set of dishes, pots and pans, and silverware.  They really need everything as their last place had everything included.  I am so excited for them.

Made some blueberry scones on Saturday.  


They came out a little crumbly but they really do taste good.

Have a wonderful day.






9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you must be closed in with your drapes closed for privacy. I know that you love sunlight as much as I do. It is good that you have things to read and color to help pass the time.
    How wonderful for your son and his girlfriend. I am wishing them both much happiness.

    Take care and Stay Safe 🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a bit disappointed when they first moved in. It seems the previous tenant only left the day before and left a mess, but little by little with the help of the super they are making it into a home.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely and generous housewarming gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift.
    I am glad that Amazon delivery is working so well for you - despite being sad for the necessity of that light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how well Amazon Fresh works. Awesome delivery and fruit.

      Delete
  4. I need to check out that fruit deal on amazon..didn't know they had it..and that's a great gift ...I did that for my granddaughter when she moved from home..she was using all of the families hand me downs..it's been many years and she still says it's the best gift ever..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon Fresh. It's an awesome service. Only thing is you have to spend $50 but it's not hard to do when you see how cheap everything is. Saved me from spending at my supermarket.

      Delete
  5. A lovely gift.
    Your scones look good.
    Pleased Amazon Fresh is working out ok.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete