Friday, August 21, 2020

Friday Roundup

What a  week this was!  It was much cooler out, and morning walks were as joyful as they could be seeing that I haven't been able to walk much.  On Monday I managed to get six blocks in.  Much better than my one block. No classes on Monday so I did some cleaning.  It was one of those quiet days.

On Tuesday we had the same temperature, but it was wet.  I did manage to squeeze a short walk in.  Had my Kwarantine Kitchen class at 12 and learned all about making Agua Fresca.  Afterwards there was a disappointing chronic pain class.  Fell asleep after that and missed the next two classes. 

I had my Game Day class on Wednesday morning.  It should be ending soon as the intern who runs it is returning to school.  She should have been done in June, but talked the bosses into allowing her to stay on a volunteer basis for the summer.  I'm pretty sure next week will be our last.  What is Game Day?  Well, when we were attending the center in person, every Wednesday at 10 am we played Yahtzee.  Now we play it online at the same time.  The intern found an online version, and there are 6 of us who take turns trying to beat the computer.  One of us goes, then the computer, then another of us, then computer and so on.  We have an awesome time, and it is my favorite class of the week.  Really going to miss it.  Maybe one of the new interns will take it over.

But as I was playing I went to lean on my elbow and discovered that my table was wobbly.  Must have happened when I moved it out the day before to put on the new tablecloth.  Well, it was a good thing I caught it when I did because mine is a glass-topped round table with legs that are bent to meet up in the middle, and had it fallen completely, it would have been a mess.  Glass probably would have shattered and one of us may have been hurt.  Hubby is pretty good with fixing things so now the table is fine.  But, oh, what work it was!!!

Wednesday they had a zoom memorial service for my meditation teacher.  It was so beautiful I was in tears.  She was so loved by everyone.  It ended with a moving healing yoga chant.  RIP Rebecca.  You are missed.

Made more apples yesterday.  Almost ruined them, though.  Was sprinkling the cinnamon on them and wondering why all of a sudden it wasn't sprinkling so well when I discovered I was using cumin instead.  Fortunately only a few sprinkles came out, and I covered the taste of the cumin with the cinnamon and nutmeg. 

Have one class this morning, then later on the library is having an online health seminar.  Actually, it is put on by Your Plate so I am sure there will be plenty of healthy tips to be had.  Will tell you about it on Monday.

Have a great weekend.

11 comments:

  1. My Rare One and I were just saying last night that we should play some Yahtzee again. It's a fun game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Yahtzee and was glad we found a way to play it together online.

      Delete
  2. You are keeping yourself very busy and I am sure this makes your day more interesting.
    Games are a great way to pass the time and keep the mind alert.
    Thankfully you were alert when your table almost fell over.
    Have a lovely day 🌷☕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, had I not caught it who knows what would have happened.

      Delete
  3. We always play Yahtzee at Christmas time when my California family comes for a visit. With all the fires out there now, especially where they live, I might be taking that games out sooner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please be safe with those fires. I worry about all my friends in California.

      Delete
  4. Some years back we used to play Yahtzee with the loser doing unwelcome chores...
    I am glad that your husband could fix the table and disaster was averted.
    Hooray for being able to walk a little further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like fun. I love it. We used to have so much fun at the cent. We'd get so loud that others would be shushing us.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad your apples still turned out good. My husband is so sensitive to the scent of cumin, he would never have eaten the apples with it on them, though he likes it on meats. One time he kept insisting that he kept smelling cumin on the kitchen counter. The cumin was in the closed cabinet above with two little small shaker holes left open.

    One of my least favorite things used to be was to accidentally open the side of the seasonings container on the spoon side instead of the sprinkle side and would end up with a big pile of whatever seasoning I had planned to use on the food in the pan. Finally, I taped the spoon side of all of my seasonings closed, no more trying to carefully spoon a whole pile of cumin or celery salt out of the pan of food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apples with cinnamon and nutmeg = yummy!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. am I weird that i play scrabble with myself? and zilch..?

    ReplyDelete