Wednesday, August 5, 2020

A Few Updates

You may be wondering what's been happening with my niece.  The answer is nothing.  The saga continues.  My son's death certificate did not arrive until early July,  immediately did all the paperwork and sent it off to Surrogate Court, but now the problem is the courts have been closed here in NYC so everything is taking forever.  As I sit here typing this post, I still have no control over my son's estate, and by now we know my niece has totally stolen all his money from his accounts. She is sitting pretty smug right now thinking she got away with it, but little does she know what is in store for her.  What she has done, the things she has said, are unforgiveable, and I will prosecute her to the fullest.  She WILL NOT walk away from this unscathed.  

The other night in my grief class we were discussing forgiveness and handling our loved ones belongings.    I HAVE NONE OF MY loved ones belongings, and I probably never will. I cannot believe that, as a mother,  I have no rights and by the time I do become his administrator, his belongings will surely have been tossed. It makes me so angry.  

The storm is long gone but has left its mess behind. Trees down all over the place. And just wait until the guys next door come to work. Boy, are they in for a surprise. I'm glad we didn't lose power yesterday. A few times the lights flickered and I thought 'here we go' but fortunately we never lost power.


And the walls came tumbling down.  From yesterday's storm.

We have not yet had Christmas with the family.  I fear my great grands will be too old for the gifts I have for them by the time we get together.   First I got sick at Christmas (not with the virus), then my great grand got very sick, then my granddaughter had her stroke, my daughter got Covid, then my two grands who are nurses had to work extra hours, and finally Covid put us all on shelter in place.  On a positive side, it looks as if I am not going to have to spend  much on Christmas this year.

On another note, I have continued getting my little subscription boxes.  I got the following one from Inked Goddess Creations a month or so ago. 
Celtic Knot Aromatherapy Necklace.  
 
Celtic Tree Box.  Inside was a mini cedar bundle.
 
This was the entire box.  The candle is a blend of lavendar, oak moss, and black pepper.  I used it already.  Smelled wonderful.  May be ordering more if she has them.

Wooden tile.
Celtic Blessings Oil for use in necklace. 
 
I love this beautiful cloth. 

Also included was three expansion card about Celtic Knots, the Celtic Tree of Life, Cedar, Celtic Goddesses, and Celtic Gods. 

There have been a few other boxes that I will share with you.  They bring me a little joy each month.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Mary, that is so sad and cruel what your niece has done . Your pain was so great and she made it even worse. I do hope that it all can get settled in a way that will give you some peace.

    The storm was terrible here with a lot of destruction. When I watched the news last night, I saw what happened in Brooklyn and you also got his with a powerful punch. Hopefully, the cleanup won’t take it too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were saying that Bay Ridge was hit very badly. Still some without power.

      Delete
  2. I agree, what your niece is doing is unforgivable. It is beyond me how some people can be so cruel. You have suffered so much already, and my heart is breaking for you. Please try to stay positive, my friend...and not let her get to you too much. Oh I know that is much easier said than done, but I am sure things will eventually work out in your favour. In my experience there is a lot of truth it that old saying, "What goes around, comes around".
    I really, really hope this is resolved for you soon. No one should have to suffer such stress.
    You are always in my thoughts...

    Sending much love and hugs ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. During the first three months it was so frustrating, but at least now that I have sent in the application I do have some hope. I have already notified his accounts that I will need access to them once I have become administrator and they have all been very understanding. In fact, Chime couldn't let me see it myself, but the worker checked it for me and said that the estate was empty. He then said if I wanted to pursue further action about it I would need Power of Attorney. That's telling me that she did take money after his death.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry that your grief (already huge) was added to in this way. So very sorry.
    And glad that your subscription boxes continue and bring some lightness into your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so sad that she would take his money knowing that we are trying to set up a memorial service for him.

      Delete
  4. What your niece did and is doing is absolutely horrible! I hope you serve her the justice she deserves for what she's done!!!

    The items from your sub box are all so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just so sorry you have all this to deal with.

    On a positive note the subscription boxes do look good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete