Monday, April 1, 2019

Monday This and That

Good Monday morning.  Another week begins.  Been fairly warm here lately.  Don't think we'll be going down to the 20's anytime soon so I started packing away my winter stuff and getting out a few warmer weather stuff.  I've usually done much more by now, but with my back out, it hasn't been easy.

Had a quiet weekend.  Made a few necklaces.  Started a third, but my fingers started cramping up so I put it away for another day.

 Made this one on Friday.


Also spent some time in the kitchen on Saturday.   Cooked up some meats for hubby and put together a healthy soup for myself.


All these veggies go into my soup.  Yummy.  Carrots, celery, corn, string beans, peas, zucchini, red and green peppers, red and white onions, cannelloni beans, diced tomatoes, 5 packages of salt free chicken broth, Harissa powder, Baharrat spice, garlic powder, cardamom, coriander, thyme, black pepper, cumin, and a wee bit of red wine vinegar the last 10 minutes  And only costs about $10 for all the ingredients once you have the spices on hand.

Yesterday I headed out to church and then onto do a bit of shopping for the week.  So glad my pension comes in today.  Spent way more last month than I had planned on.  Not only did I spend more than planned at the bead fair, but also bought a lot of things to deal with my pain--and new heating pad for $39.99, Blue Emu cream that had been recommended.  Cost me $20 and doesn't work any better than Aspercreme. Bought Tylenol PM and Tylenol Arthritis, a donut pillow to sit on for about $40, herbs and teas, and a few other little odds and ends. When you suffer with chronic pain you will do whatever it takes to feel better...even if it means being very broke at the end of the month. 

Off to wellness class this morning.  Hope they have it this week.  It was canceled last week because the facilitator was on vacation.  I shall see when I get there. 

Have a good one.

15 comments:

  1. Chronic pain outsucks Dyson.
    Your soup sounds GOOD.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try everything I can to alleviate the pain. I think I'm doing pretty well. I still hurt but Haven't had to resort to prescription drugs.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully you can get the pain under control!!! And bring on spring!!! I’m done with the cold!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter came back today. Boy was it cold...and was that wind ever strong.

      Delete
  3. You went a little crazy at the bead fair and I've been going crazy at the nursery. We all have our weakneses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We earned it, didn't we? It's time to enjoy life.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure it was easy to do to overspend at the bead fair but I bet it was fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, everything was so beautiful there. I wanted so much more but was able to control myself.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey My friend, make sure to e-mail me your address! Big Hugs!

      Delete
  6. Love the stone on first one. Never heard of Harissa powder,or Baharrat spice.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Middle Eastern spices. Harissa is spicy and Baharrat a bit sweet. I have found that the two taste good with each other.

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful soup that sounds …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey everyone!
    Today I come to you with so much excitement!
    I have been married & barren for 5years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue . i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr Ahmed online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr Ahmed asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening my life since i met this Dr Ahmed.
    I want to tell all the women out there who have a similar situation like that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone or are you also having other problems you can also contact Dr Ahmed, here is how you can contact him Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or Contact him via his whats-app number +2348160153829.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete