Monday, April 29, 2019

Monday This and That

Good morning everyone.   It's been a busy week weekend and no breather in sight yet.  Heading out to the center in a few, and it's one of those long days with classes in the morning and afternoon.  That's okay.  I love it.  

Didn't really finish anything in Friday's jewelry class so there is nothing to show.  The thumb on my right hand was really aching, and that's a necessary finger for beading.  Felt better the next day, but I didn't have any time to finish my necklace.  I was so darn busy.  

On Saturday I had to first go to the bank, then shopped for  a birthday gift for my great nephew, then dropped those things off at the house, picked up my shopping cart and headed to the fruit stand to pick up some items for a pasta salad I was making for Sunday and then went to the 99 cent store to get something to put it in.  

Pasta, broccoli, peas, peppers, sun dried tomatoes, red onion, Italian parsley, and Italian dressing.  Everyone loved it.

On Sunday my goddaughter picked me up and we headed off to PA.  Didn't much feel like it because the weather was so bad and my bones were aching, but we don't get together often.  Had a nice time once there.  We celebrated my son and my nephew's birthday.  Awesome food.  And delicious Napoleon Cake.  Yummy.

 The birthday boys.  

Italian Napoleon cake--layers of crispy pastry filled with a custard cream.  The best cakes ever.

So today I am not going anyplace.  My tummy is acting up.  Ate too fast and too much....and too much of a variety of foods my tummy is not used to--hamburger, hot dog, etc.  Woke up at 4 with a belly ache, went back to sleep, and climbed out of bed a short while ago.  Sipping peppermint tea now.

Have a good one.

11 comments:

  1. WOW! That cake looks and sounds heavenly! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. When you are not used to eating something and suddenly bombard yourself with the stuff, you must expect an upset tummy. Slept most of the morning. Feeling better now.

      Delete
  2. I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Look after yourself. Please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just all tasted so good. Been a few years since a barbecue.

      Delete
  3. Oh my. That cake sounds obscene. I WANT IT!! LOL glad you enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the best cakes ever. Check with Italian bakeries in your area.

      Delete
  4. Sorry your tummy is being a bad sport about that delicious meal and CAKE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My own fault. I ate like there was not tomorrow. Now I am paying the price.

      Delete
  5. What a busy weekend! I hope you are feeling better! Isn’t it crazy how our bodies very clearly tell us that they are not happy with our food choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. and this will go on for a couple of days. When will I learn my lesson?

      Delete
  6. What a busy weekend. I did enjoy seeing your photographs. The cake looks and sounds delicious.

    I hope you are feeling a little better now.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete