Friday, April 26, 2019

Friday Ramble

Good morning.  Another Friday, another weekend upon us.  Had a busy week which is definitely going to continue.  On Sunday we are heading out to Pennsylvania to visit my daughter and grandchildren.  We are having  a cookout so I plan on making a pasta salad.  Cannot go empty handed.  I would make the following salad to bring along, but my so says my daughter will probably not eat it.  She likes all those creamy high fat foods.

Mexican Black Bean, Corn, and Tomato Salad.  Love this.  Made it this week for my no meat dinners.  The beans gave me the protein I needed.  1 cup corn, 1 can black beans (rinsed) 4 plum tomatoes, red onion, cumin, lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro.  So, so tasty.  But I want everyone to enjoy what I bring.

I think I have mentioned before that I feed a cat that hangs out in our courtyard.  Well, he disappeared for 5 days and I was really getting nervous.  We have a number of them who show up, but he hangs there all the time.  I even named him Scout because he is the first one who shows up much like a scout would do.  The gray one is Gray and the tuxie I call Tuxie.  (So original)



(Scout)


So this week all 3 of them disappeared.  I got scared that someone may have put out poison.  Gray and Tuxie are not regulars, but Scout practically lives there.  Then, two days ago he shows up, but now I am wondering if HE is actually a SHE.  Scout was noticeably thinner around the middle, and after eating, quickly disappeared.  No more hanging out.  It makes me think that there are kittens somewhere out there.  I could be wrong, but it does add up.  Thinking now that I should think of a female name.

Went to WW yesterday, but did not get on the scale.  I know I said I wasn't going to run away from it anymore, but, hey, I did have a trip to Olive Garden this week.  And sorry to say I was glutton.  Ate so much I could hardly walk.  That has got to stop...and stop now.  I am spiraling out of control.  Not good.  

Have a wonderful weekend.


18 comments:

  1. I'm glad Scout reappeared. Have fun this weekend with your daughter and grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so relieved when I saw him/her out the window. Ran and got some food right away. Ate it and immediately went away again.

      Delete
  2. I am relieved to hear that Scout appeared again - perhaps you are right about him being a female since it is also spring and well, you know ...lol!

    Have a wonderful time in PA visiting with your family! And have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He used to lounge around in the yard all day. Now he eats and goes. Seems to me he might be a she.

      Delete
  3. I always boil or grill corn, never use for salad...I'll try corn salad...
    Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love corn in a salad, or in Mexican dishes. So good.

      Delete
  4. That salad sounds GOOD.
    I suspect you are right about Scout. And if so, she will be very hungry for the next little while. Thank you for feeding her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a relief to see her alive. I was so anxious.

      Delete
  5. That salad looks delicious. I'm writing it down to try. Glad kitty returned. :-)
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious. I wanted to make it to bring to our picnic, but my daughter does not like cilantro or beans.

      Delete
  6. That salad looks so delicious …
    Have a lovely trip on Sunday to see your daughter and grandchildren.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Just hoping now there is not too much rain.

      Delete
  7. I made a very similar salad this week. It was yummy and healthy.

    Glad the kitty came back. We have some outside ferals and every now and then one of them disappears for a few days. They always return when they get hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was practically living in our yard so it was quite a scare to see him/her gone.

      Delete
  8. Should stick with your healthy salad!!! Maybe someone would try it and figure out how tasty it really is!

    You can have a female scout! Might have preciously been a male name...but a girl can be a slug right???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. Girls can be named anything you want nowadays so the name stays 'Scout'.

      Delete
  9. Oh that Mexican bean salad looks SO good!! Can you send me the portion your daughter doesn't want? Lol
    I'm glad Scout returned. I can imagine how worried you were when he\she failed to return. It is so easy to become attached to strays, isn't it.
    *smiles* I keep telling myself it has got to stop too...and you would have been proud of me these last few days. Only, now, I have bought a Black Forest gateau...so I'm sure you can guess the outcome!! Believe me, you are not alone!!😉

    Have a fabulous weekend 😊😊

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my Minga passed at age 23 I said no more cats. I'm up in years and not only do I have to live on a limited budget now, but with my chronic back pain changing littler boxes is out of the question, and I don't want to have to worry about what happens to the kitty if something happens to me.

      Delete