Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Tuesday Ramble


Good morning everyone.  Yesterday was great.  NOTHING was canceled.  In wellness we discussed memory and played a few memory games.  Very enjoyable. 

Lunch was amazing.

  
Stir fried chicken, Chinese veggies, and yellow rice.

And Food for Life?  Oh my, did we ever make something delicious.


Za'taar Man'ouche--Flat bread with herbs. Taste just like pizza minus the sauce and cheese. Very easy to make. Pillsbury biscuits cut in half and flattened. Topped with Za'taar seasoning (thyme, sumac, sesame seeds and salt), olive oil, and sliced cherry tomatoes. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes.

As I said, it was absolutely delicious, and I do plan on making this one again. 

Did I tell you I received my SCRIE approval?  I did and it is celebration time.   Starting this month I will be paying last year's rent before the increase in December....and as long as I renew it every year, it will remain that way.  Wish I had done this sooner because my rent would be lower, but we thought we were going to move.  Had no idea how difficult it would be to find something affordable.  

I also look at it that I have always been a good tenant.  I have never missed a month's rent.  Never really complain.  Only when Leadfoot turned his apartment into an Air Bnb and all the noise at all hours of the night.  Then they do that massive electrical rewire back in September and not only offer any of us any help in cleaning the mess the electrician and plasters left, did not repaint our apartments (expected us to do it), and did not take any money off the rent.  Full amount due.  Yes, I did have a painter, but oh, what a mess he made.  The fact is, in October when all the work was done and the cleanup began was when I injured my back and I've been hurting ever since.  That's one of the reasons for SCRIE.

Have a good one.







13 comments:

  1. Good news about the SCRIE - everything helps. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does. Rent was set to go up in December.

      Delete
  2. Hooray for good news.
    And a day with no cancellations.
    Last week I made naan for the first time, and was surprised at how easy it was. It went really well with a vegie curry and I plan to make it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Middle Eastern food. This one is a keeper.

      Delete
  3. Great news about your SCRIE approval -- congrats! And I've never heard of Za'taar Man'ouche before but it sounds delicious! I had a falafal wrap today for lunch with hummus and a garlic/oil sauce and it was scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good and so easy to make. Tastes and smells like pizza.

      Delete
  4. I might make that recipe. It sounds and looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is good news about your SCRIE approval.
    Za'taar Man'ouche sounds very tasty.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Rents are so high here in Brooklyn. Had to protect myself.

      Delete
  6. I am so happy you were SCRIE approved!! Happy Dance!
    You get such good meals at the centre! The flat bread one looks interesting! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely be making this flat bread again. So good.

      Delete
  7. Hey everyone!
    Today I come to you with so much excitement!
    I have been married & barren for 5years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue . i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr Ahmed online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr Ahmed asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening my life since i met this Dr Ahmed.
    I want to tell all the women out there who have a similar situation like that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone or are you also having other problems you can also contact Dr Ahmed, here is how you can contact him Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or Contact him via his whats-app number +2348160153829.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete