Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Thursday This and That



I could not resist getting a picture of this sky over my apartment building.  It almost didn't seem natural.

Nothing like the joy of children at Christmas.

Me, 71 years ago when I turned one.  Hard to believe I just turned 72.

James Gandolfini volunteering to serve Christmas dinner at the shelter where I worked.


The clients chipped in to buy this cake for my retirement.  

 I had a client with tremendous artistic client.  

Another painting by the same client.  He was fantastic. 


My son bought me this chef salt and pepper shakers about 10 years ago.


 Crossing the bridge to Atlantic City.


At one time, my neighborhood was Scandinavian.  Hence, the name on the neighborhood park.  Brooklyn has always been a borough of changing neighborhoods, but it appears now this has turned into an ultra fast changeover. For example, the Italians of the famous Bensonhurst neighborhood are now the minority, and the Latinos of Sunset Park are being pushed out by gentrification. 

16 comments:

  1. A very nice selection of photos today.
    Children at Christmas warms the heart.
    Those are beautiful paintings. How nice that you received such lovely gifts.
    Neighborhoods are ever changing.
    Have a great day Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. Miss your blog.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Mary.
      I am trying once again.
      I know that I must be stronger 🌞🐦💮

      Delete
  2. These are some really great pics - thanks so much for sharing them! Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful collection. Thank you. I particularly like the shot from the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see all of your photographs.
    I do like the sky in your first one, and have to agree children at Christmas bring special joy and excitement.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very special Christmas for us. The first time we had the family together in many years.

      Delete
  5. It amazing what joy children brings. I hope you don't mind if I post the brooklyn art library address. You seem interested...28 Frost st, Brooklyn 11211
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat collection of pics today! I love the salt and pepper shakers...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still can't believe that James Gandolfini is dead. Great picture you have of him Mary! I love your baby picture too! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to say, I love the art pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey everyone!
    Today I come to you with so much excitement!
    I have been married & barren for 5years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue . i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr Ahmed online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr Ahmed asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening my life since i met this Dr Ahmed.
    I want to tell all the women out there who have a similar situation like that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone or are you also having other problems you can also contact Dr Ahmed, here is how you can contact him Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or Contact him via his whats-app number +2348160153829.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete