Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Morning all.  Not much happening around here.  Was a bit chilly yesterday....and windy.  Blew me around while was waiting for the bus. 


From my WW cookbook --Spanish Style Stewed Chicken with tomatoes--chicken thighs, garlic, pitted olives, onions, diced tomatoes, paprika, and a wee bit of red cooking wine.  I had mine with broccoli and a salad.  So yummy.  Definitely going to make this one again.

So, for the second week in a row my Wellness Class was canceled.  The facilitator is still on vacation.  One would think she would have found someone to cover since they do have several interns sitting around basically doing nothing.

Speaking of interns, sometimes seeing them makes me melancholy for my old job.  We always had interns and many were placed with me for training.  I get that itch to go back to work, but that's not feasible for me.  Not only do I now have this chronic pain issue, but the stress on the job was making me sick.  That's why I left in the first place.  Plus, I have retired my license so I'd have to go through so many trainings to get it back to renew it.   So, my thoughts of returning to work are totally irrational because I would NEVER do it anyway.  Enjoying my retirement too much.

Heading out to get my hair chopped this morning.  I'm kind of anxious about it.  My regular girl is vacationing in Australia and won't be back until the 18th.  I can't wait until then.  It's been since before Christmas and my hair is at that wild stage.  Keep your fingers crossed that they do a good job on me.

Have a wonderful day.

15 comments:

  1. Good luck with the haircut! If it turns out terrible, just remember you can cover it up with a tin foil hat, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I can, but it actually came out okay.

      Delete
  2. Fingers and toes crossed for me. Though the haircut I had when my regular cutter was away was excellent - better than the one I got when she got back from holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girl did a good job today...and she was fast. Did just what I asked for.

      Delete
  3. That chicken dish sure is making me hungry!

    I hope all goes well with your haircut, I would say I have my hair crossed, but I guess it's not long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the haircut...I’m sure it will be adorable when it’s donebbb

    Come on warm weather!!! I need some spring sun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's up and down weather here. One day cold, one day warm. The buds on the trees don't know what to do.

      Delete
  5. Could you maybe mentor instead of going to work full time or even part time? Something to think about maybe. Glad you're happy with the haircut! I have had the same girl cutting mine for years and when she ever gives it up, i'll be so sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am happy with retirement. I just sometimes miss the old days sometimes. Gosh knows why. The job was so stressful it had my BP up sky high.

      Delete
  6. That dish looks so good. I came across a recipe a few days ago for Mediterrainian dish in the crock pot. Canned tomato, box of frozen artichokes, chicken, and a few other things. I have most of the stuff, I might try to make it.
    Hope the haircut comes out how you like it. I haven't cut mine in probably over a year. I need to at least get the ends done. Part of me wants to whack it all off again and part of me just wants to let it grow. I like it long, but I hate to wear it down. Totally logical right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had pollo guisado with boiled green bananas yesterday. Still, seeing yours right now makes me hungry. Yum.

    As you already know, today is super windy too. I went for a walk after the hospital and got at least two mouthfuls of dust. But the sun was so pretty, wasn't it?

    I hope your hair looks exactly like you wanted it to look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Spanish Style Stewed Chicken dish sounds and looks a winner!
    Good luck with your haircut.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chicken and tomatoes looks so good!!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey everyone!
    Today I come to you with so much excitement!
    I have been married & barren for 5years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue . i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr Ahmed online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr Ahmed asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening my life since i met this Dr Ahmed.
    I want to tell all the women out there who have a similar situation like that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone or are you also having other problems you can also contact Dr Ahmed, here is how you can contact him Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or Contact him via his whats-app number +2348160153829.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete