Thursday, April 25, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends

My backyard after a snowstorm.  Moved from there awhile ago.  That was a small tree standing next to the pole light.  The snow was so heavy the branches reached the ground.

Another picture after the same snowstorm.  A friend told me this one looked like a postcard. 

I had to climb these stairs every morning to go to work.  I could NEVER do it now.

My hair used to be pretty long.....and I used to be pretty chunky.

This beautiful garden was located on the top of the building across the street where I used to work.  It used to give me such peace to look over at it.  A green oasis in mid-Manhattan.  

A multi-colored pasta salad I made awhile back.  To be honest, it was so long ago that I forget what I put in it.  Guess it wasn't yummy enough to make again.

An excellent book for women.  It is filled with quotes, exercises, and inspiration.  The chapters are dedicated to the different spiritual paths women are able to experience and express their own points of view. 

Three of the Mary statues in my church.

My 5th great grandfather.

Bought this set of votives through Ebay.  They were supposed to be Yankee Candles, but funny thing was, every one smelled the same....including the green which was SUPPOSED to be pine.

Bought this cute little teapot at a thrift shop many, many years ago.  Unfortunately, it is now among the missing.  Don't know whether it was lost during the move...or perhaps during one of my de-cluttering frenzies I got rid of it.  Can't remember.

My 3rd birthday.

My uncle's boat.  That's my uncle, me, and my mom in the front seat.  Cousins are in the back.  Sometimes I would stay at their house over the weekend, and he would allow me to take the boat out all by myself.  

My special place.

10 comments:

  1. I love that your uncle let you take the boat out by yourself. That is something we would do, but today kids are not allowed to have adventures like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is not the same as when we were children. Today's kids miss out on so much.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed seeing your pics and the stories behind them. Your friend was right - that second photo really DOES look like a postcard! Very cool!! (literally as well lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was some storm. I was stuck in for days.

      Delete
  3. Wow...those snow photos are amazing...I haven't seen snow like that since I was a child! We are lucky if our snowfalls lay for more than a day now.
    How wonderful to have been allowed to take the boat out alone. I agree, children don't have anywhere near as much fun nowadays. So much health and safety, taken to absurd lengths. I am grateful to have been born in the era I was!
    Oh I so enjoy your pictures and the stories behind them, Mary...and that one of you aged 3 is SO cute!!😊😊
    Thank you so much for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't had a storm like that since. We did have one winter with plenty of snowfalls, but nothing dumped snow like that one did. I think back about how I enjoyed driving that boat and I shudder now. I don't know how to swim and didn't wear a life jacket. And here I was in the middle of the lack. We don't think about these things when we are young.

      Delete
  4. What lovely shots and more background on you.

    Love that pic of the man in the snow.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was some snowstorm that year. It was pretty that day, but afterwards became dirty and icy.

      Delete
  5. LOVE the photos and, as always, envy the photos you have of relatives.
    It is your special place which has my heart this morning. It looks wonderful. A haven of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did enjoy this 'Thursday Odds and Ends' post.

    Always nice to see your photographs and read the stories behind them.
    Gosh, that was a lot of stairs to climb every morning!
    Love your special place …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete