Friday, April 5, 2019

Friday Roundup

Ah, we come to the end of another busy week.  I've been running about almost every day.  It's a cool morning and rain is on its way.  Today I had to the center for jewelry making.  I really don't call it a class anymore because basically we do our own thing.  Bringing some beads with me, but first I go through what they have.

Wellness class was canceled again Monday.  Facilitator still on vacation. Would have been nice if one of the interns could have run it. When I worked and ran groups, before I went on vacation I had to make sure there was someone to cover them. Groups were never canceled. However, I guess there is a difference between running a group in a senior center and a substance abuse program.

Haircut Tuesday. am very pleased with my haircut. She did a great job. Just what I wanted....wash and wear. My only issue was that she didn't know how to swipe my credit card and ended up taking all my cash. I always tip my hairdresser in cash and then pay with my card. Well, when I left the house yesterday I had $50. I stopped at the subway station and put some money on my card, then gave her a tip, and then when it came to ring up my cut? Well, let's just say I ended up walking out of there with only $5 in pocket.


My latest haircut.  It's really, really short this time.

Wednesday's Holistic Medicine was another chat group aside from the 10 minute breathing exercise we had.  And again the time was changed for Food for Life.  It was canceled for Wednesday's and is now on Monday's at 2 pm.  I have been three weeks trying to get to that class, and they keep changing the times.  So disappointing.  


This is the cat that my neighbor and I feed.  He is a feral.  Wish there were a way to get to him, but this  courtyard is locked on all sides.  So we feed him out the window.  

Yesterday I didn't go to WW.  Hiding once again from the scale.  I realize that the only one I am hurting is myself and facing the scale is what keeps me in check, but I just get so depressed if I am over goal.  I worked so hard to reach it.  Why do I do this to myself?  Why do I always sabotage things that I work so hard for?  

Have a wonderful weekend.

15 comments:

  1. Nice haircut, Mary! Wash and wear is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. That's why I always ask for. No more blow dry and styling for me.

      Delete
  2. Your new do looks very pretty on you. I get mine cut and styled tomorrow morning. Can't wait!

    I totally understand what you are saying about the weight fight. It is constant and never seems to end. I have been battling it myself as well my entire life and every time I gain the weight back again (and I ALWAYS mange to) it gets even harder to and takes longer to lose it again!

    Have fun at your jewelry class today and I look forward to seeing what new pieces that you have created!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And as we get older it gets harder and harder to lose as well. I really have to crack down on myself.

      Delete
  3. Haircut looks great on you Mary.
    You'll get back on track again. Don't berate yourself to much. You aren't making excuses. WW can get you down but they seem to be helping you, too.
    This feral cat is lucky to have you and a neighbor to feed it.
    Enjoy making your gorgeous necklaces and such. You have a God given talent in creating these lovely pieces.

    Have a wonderful day Mary~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I try not to let it get me down. I know I can do it. Just have get that old motivation back. Thanks Jan.

      Delete
  4. You look so cute!!! Beautiful smile and sassy new Do!
    Have a great day being creative and making beautiful things.
    Don't be so hard on yourself. You'll go when you feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to get back on track. Just have to motivate myself to do so. Trouble is I love food and right now I am on a peanut butter kick. That is so fattening.

      Delete
  5. Hooray for wash and wear hair. Love the colour too.
    You are not the only one (by a long shot) who excels on the self sabotage trail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have hair down my back, but all I did was put it in a pony tail. This is so much easier.

      Delete
  6. you look so pretty...
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliment. You have a great as well.

      Delete
  7. That is a very nice haircut, and I like the blue necklace you are wearing too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great Mary!!! I love your haircut!
    I am so happy you feed the cat! I hope it's ok!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey everyone!
    Today I come to you with so much excitement!
    I have been married & barren for 5years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue . i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr Ahmed online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr Ahmed asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening my life since i met this Dr Ahmed.
    I want to tell all the women out there who have a similar situation like that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone or are you also having other problems you can also contact Dr Ahmed, here is how you can contact him Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or Contact him via his whats-app number +2348160153829.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete