Monday, April 8, 2019

Monday Morning This and That

Good Monday morning.  What a beautiful weekend we had.  Sunny and warm after a dreary Friday.  Really soaked up what I could of the wonderful temps.  Headed out to do a little shopping on Saturday and on Sunday went to church and took a long walk home.  Totally enjoyed myself.  Wish Brooklyn had a few more signs of spring though.

Friday was dreary and gray, but I had a nice time at the center.  I got there a bit too late for Pet Bereavement group so spent the morning socializing.  I have met so many nice people.  In the afternoon there was jewelry class.  Made the following:

This one  is a beautiful shiny pale green. Can't capture the shine and color with my phone camera.  Putting this one away to give my granddaughter for Christmas.  Maybe Easter.  She has invited us to Easter dinner, and I thought if I go I will give it to her, but then should I give to the others as well? 

So hubby got sick again this weekend.  I worry so when he catches colds because he has COPD and twice now a cold has ended up sending him to the hospital.  This time he listened to me, stayed home, put Vicks on his chest, and took his medicine.  He is doing well now.

I have to tell you what happened in church Sunday.  I was so embarrassed.  The pews are old, wooden, and very uncomfortable when you have a bad back.  I usually carry a small pillow with me for hard seats, but after church I usually run to the store and hate carrying a pillow around.  So, my back was aching during the service and I began squirming around trying to get comfortable.  Well, at one point when I move the pew grumbled, and it sounded like I had farted.  Everyone nearby turned around to look, and the old usher across the aisle started to chuckle.  I know my face turned bright red, but it wasn't the time to start explaining what had really happened.

I totally forgot my post yesterday.  See  what old age does to ya?

Have a wonderful day.


15 comments:

  1. Your jewelry is so pretty! You create such beautiful treasures.

    Glad your hubby is feeling better. Yes, the weather was extremely nice all weekend in spite of the rainy day on Friday.

    I had to smile at your church story - lol. I am sure that you are not the first person that ever happened to so try not to be too hard on yourself. ;)

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah today is going to be wonderful. Loving this warmer weather.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful jewelry Mary! You do have a great talent.
    Glad hubby took your advice and is feeling better.
    Love the church story...I am still smiling :)
    Missed you yesterday but so happy that you posted today.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. I didn't realize I hadn't posted until this morning. Worked on it before church, then forgot to post it.

      Delete
  3. Such lovely jewellery.
    So pleased to read that your husband did take your advice and is feeling better.
    Had to smile at your Church story.

    My good wishes for the week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I so enjoy your recipes. Look forward to them everyday.

      Delete
  4. I like the set with the matching earrings!!! So pretty.
    The church story was awesome. LOL
    Don't hate me when I complain about the heat BUT its supposed to be in the mid 80's all week this week. I am not happy because we go straight from winter to summer and its a loooong hot brutal summer when it gets hot this soon. I know - waah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no way will I hate you. I'll be complaining soon as well. I can't stand the heat. I don't mind the cold, but I just hate having to put so much clothing on. We can complain together.

      Delete
  5. You are talented.
    I am so very glad to hear that your husband listened to you (for a change) and is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad he listened as well. Twice now he ended up in the hospital. I was determined not to let that happen again.

      Delete
  6. I can't stop laughing! LOL! Thanks Mary! LOL!
    Happy your husband is doing better!
    Love both pieces you made! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so darn embarrassing. I know what they were thinking, and it would have been worse if I tried explaining.

      Delete
  7. Never tried my hand at jewelry making but my sister in law has made some lovely pieces.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun. I've tried painting. Just don't have the room for it. I used to crochet but forgot how, so this satisfies my creative juices.

      Delete
  8. Hey everyone!
    Today I come to you with so much excitement!
    I have been married & barren for 5years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue . i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr Ahmed online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr Ahmed asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening my life since i met this Dr Ahmed.
    I want to tell all the women out there who have a similar situation like that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone or are you also having other problems you can also contact Dr Ahmed, here is how you can contact him Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or Contact him via his whats-app number +2348160153829.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete