Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Yesterday was one of those days you would like to climb under the covers and start all over again.  Sadness was in the air.  My daughter lost her dog two weeks ago to a fast moving illness.  And yesterday she lost her cat to another fast moving illness.  Six hours and he was gone.  Poor babies.  My heart is broken, and I worry about my daughter.  It's not easy dealing with the loss of one, but two in such a short time.  Unimaginable.  

Had a bit of pain yesterday.  Sciatica acting up on both sides, but I still went to the center.  Was looking forward to the Wellness Class, the guest speaker who was going to talk about stress management, and cooking class.  Well, Wellness Class was canceled for the third week in a row.  Facilitator had jury duty.  But, she had to know on Friday so why not tell us.  I wouldn't have gone so early.

No speaker showed up, and no one from the center said anything about it.  Then, I decided I'd best ask to see if Food for Wellness was going to be held before I sat around another 2 hours waiting for it.  Guess what I was told!!!  It will be held on Wednesday.  Well, last Wednesday they said Monday.  It seems staff there is very lackadaisical.  No one covers when another is out, and no one seems to care that there is a group of us who come JUST for the classes.  Very discouraging.

The one good part of yesterday was lunch.  First time I had turkey chili.  It was yummy.  First time I ever had turkey chili.

No wonder I am having issues with the scale.  They have some darn good cooks there.



First signs of spring in the garden in front of my building.  What a good feeling!  Temperature here in Brooklyn hit 74, and the sun was shining.  Awesome.

Have a good one.


15 comments:

  1. That unpredictable class schedule would tick me off too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like they don't care. I purposely went early for the classes. Would have stayed home a little later and gotten some things done.

      Delete
  2. I am so very sorry to hear about your daughter's fur babies - they ARE family as much as any child IMO. I know how terribly hard it is as I myself have lost three in less than a year the last time. Very heartbreaking. :(

    That food does look yummy. Makes me hungry now.

    I hope you have a better day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to spend some time making earrings and cooking. Should keep my mind off things.

      Delete
  3. They aren't doing a good job at all in that center. It is especially hard on someone like you who has to jump through hoops to get there and then find out things are canceled.
    I am happy for you that you at least had a good lunch.
    I am so sorry for your daughter...how sad to lose two beloved pets within such a short span of time.
    Nice photos of spring budding 🌞🐦💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to put an anonymous note in the suggestion box. They should take it more seriously. Granted 90 percent of the people come for the bingo or exercise, but there is that other 10 percent of us who come for the classes.

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry for the loss of your daughters pets. I don't know what I would do if I lost both of my babies a week apart.
    I would seriously reach out to management with the exact history of what classes have been rescheduled and cancelled consistently. That's not being run very well at all. At least you got a good lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely going to do that. I love the classes. I love the center, but I don't go to sit around doing nothing.

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry for your daughter. Years ago I lost two cats in ten days. And it floored me.
    Hit and spit at the administration at the centre. That is deplorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so devastated. I wish I didn't live a state away.

      Delete
  6. Yuck to the messed up scheduling! At least they have the food in line..and delicious!!!

    So sorry to hear about the loss of your four legged grand-fur-babies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your daughter, it is so sad to lose two pets in such a short space of time.

    Shame about the schedules at the centre being messed up.

    Have to say the food looks great and a nice change to have turkey chilli.

    Hope the remainder of your week goes well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry about your daughter and the loss of her cat and dog!
    I would be upset too, about the classes being moved around! Not good!
    Such amazing food!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey everyone!
    Today I come to you with so much excitement!
    I have been married & barren for 5years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue . i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr Ahmed online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr Ahmed asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening my life since i met this Dr Ahmed.
    I want to tell all the women out there who have a similar situation like that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone or are you also having other problems you can also contact Dr Ahmed, here is how you can contact him Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or Contact him via his whats-app number +2348160153829.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete