Thursday, April 18, 2019

Friday Roundup

Good Friday morning on this Good Friday.  Hard to believe a week is over already.  Seems like it just began.  Not sure what's my agenda today.  The center is closed for Good Friday.  May just hang out and make some jewelry.  Ordering out tonight so no need for cooking.  Just a do as you please day....a "Me" day.

 Daffodils finally opened all the way.

Amazing that no classes were canceled this week.  Wellness was excellent.  We discussed memory and memory loss.  Played a few fun games.  Discussed normal memory loss vs. the loss that comes with dementia and Alzheimer's.  Very interesting. 

Tuesday I stayed in all day.  Later in the day hubby went to drive his sister out to see her mother-in-law who is in the hospital, and I turned my bird app on and lay down for a long nap.  I sure needed it.  

Wednesday's Holistic Medicine class was processing feelings.   The class is great, but it has taken quite a turn since it started. Now it has become more like the groups I used to run when I was working. We don't touch on anything holistic anymore, aside from meditation and body mind connection.  In fact, it has veered off topic so much now that I've decided that I am not up to running it. I ran too many groups while working, and I'm all grouped out. So, unless another staff member picks it up, that group is about to end. 
  
Yes,  I could probably turn it back to holistic practices, but do I really want to be bothered? Everyone seems to enjoy the group session so I'm not going to mess with it. Then, again if I really wanted to, I could do what I did with one of my groups when I worked. I had a little daily inspirational book, and each group we would use the topic of the day. But, no, I don't want to be responsible. I'm retired now and doctor's appointments and stuff comes up when you are older. In fact, on May 1st I finally get to see the ENT.

Thursday, of course, was my WW meeting.  No weigh in this week.  I'm so broke I have no money to lay out if I go over.  Really have to work on my budget.  It's hard when you are on a limited income. 


Zero point dinner last night.  Roasted Cauliflower (yummy), mixed veggies, and stir fried veggies with grilled chicken breasts. Stir fried with ) Olive Oil Pam (0 Points), Peri Peri sauce (0 points), and garlic powder.

Have a wonderful weekend.  


29 comments:

  1. You are a busy lady and I can understand your reluctance to continue running meetings that are not sticking to it’s core message. The good part about it is that it brings people together and interaction with others is one of the best things for the health of seniors. How wonderful that you do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy the group as is and honestly don't think it needs changing. We all need a place to talk about our issues and get support.

      Delete
  2. I think I'd be "grouped out" too. Sounds like you're doing a good thing, though, bringing people together and letting them talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seniors do have issues that we have to talk about. It feels good to get it out.

      Delete
  3. You do sound as if you are "grouped out" so I feel that your decision to not be the leader anymore is a sound one.
    Groups can be helpful.
    Money is a problem most of us have in our senior years. Hope your revamping your budget makes it easier for you.
    Don't let WW get you down. You do very well most of the time Mary. Give yourself a break and refresh.
    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I ran 4 groups a week for years on end. Granted it was a harder clientele, the these seniors can be a bit difficult as well....always veering off subject and needing to be steered back.

      Delete
  4. I love your fluffy yellow chicks wallpaper behind your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you are making time to look after yourself. Stepping back from the group makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy participating in it, but I don't want the responsibility of running it.

      Delete
  6. Hope you have a relaxing Easter weekend. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand having lacking funds. After Taxes and paying bills it a little tight around here.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real tight budgeting next month. Hoping to get back on track.

      Delete
  8. I am so glad you have decided to make some time for yourself, Mary.
    You have devoted so much time to others...and now is time for yourself. You really deserve it.

    Wishing you a wonderful and relaxing Easter weekend!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish the same for you. May you have a wonderful Easter weekend.

      Delete
  9. Happy Easter!!!
    Take it easy and take more naps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely need more naps. Trouble is, there is always so much I want to do.

      Delete
  10. I feel also that I've been in groups all my life. Some I stick to but others I have dropped as they hold no further charm for me.

    Self care is so important, it took me a long time in my life to prioritize it and I feel better now that I do.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my health began to fail, self care became very important to me. first thing I did was retire, join WW, and participate in activities that were fun. Changed my diet and started walking more.

      Delete
  11. What a busy week!!!! I hope you enjoy your ‘me’ day! We all need me days once in a while!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am definitely going to enjoy. Every bit of time just for me is precious.

      Delete
  12. I can certainly understand why you would feel grouped out. Glad you got to have a "me" day. That meal looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I ran far too many groups when I was working. Actually they gave me more than anyone else which was a constant stress on me.

      Delete
  13. You are a busy lady.
    Enjoy some 'me' time and rest and relax a while.

    Love what you had for dinner last night :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Peri Peri sauce. Love spicy food so it is perfect for me.

      Delete
  14. Enjoy your me day Mary! Happy Easter. I'm sorry about your group. You have to do what is best for you! Your meal looks so good! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I watched the intern trying to lead people back to the topic of the group, it stirred a memory in me. It's very hard keeping people focused, especially this group who comes out with anything they feel like at inappropriate times.

      Delete
  15. Hey everyone!
    Today I come to you with so much excitement!
    I have been married & barren for 5years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue . i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr Ahmed online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr Ahmed asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening my life since i met this Dr Ahmed.
    I want to tell all the women out there who have a similar situation like that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone or are you also having other problems you can also contact Dr Ahmed, here is how you can contact him Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or Contact him via his whats-app number +2348160153829.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete