Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning.  Voting day today.  Can't wait to get out there and cast my ballot.  We need change, a big one.  No checks and balances in our government and the far right is running rampant.  

The car is going to cost about $1500.  Could have been more, but it's good to have friends.  One of the guys that hubby works with had the car towed to his buddy's place to have it done.  And, it will probably be done by Wednesday or Thursday.  We'd originally thought over a week.  But, thankfully the bumper, although it flew off, was in one piece.  That saved some money as well.   

Last night's dinner.
Had to make up for all that pasta.  I sure do get my fill of it when I make it.
Awesome snack.  They just about melt in your mouth. Healthy and low on calories.  Sweet and crunchy.

I have a dilemma I need help with.  My problem is, I hate to hurt people's feelings....which is a good trait most of the time.  No one likes to have their feelings hurt.  But there are times I go too far with it and allow people to put me in a predicament that I am very uncomfortable with.  I am a wimp. On Messenger I received a message from a woman who said she knew my niece and my ex sister-in-law, so, although I usually avoid responding to strangers, she appeared harmless, and I responded....and she is harmless, but also a bit of a nut.  Suffice it to say, she is obsessed with my niece's body, too much so.

My niece, when she was younger, was a stripper.  She really was beautiful and was into body building so she was very well toned. And she was a slut.  Slept around with every Tom, Dick and Harry.  Had kids by several men and gave them to others to raise them.  Now, years later she has settled down with a husband who has a roving eye.  My niece lost her body and is now, shall I say...quite chunky?  But I digress here as I often do.  The fact is, we all make mistakes in our youth, and I don't hold it against her.  Gosh knows, I made my share.

Well, back to this lady on messenger.  Felt sorry for her.  An older woman, she said my niece used to live next door to her and her husband, and they had been quite friendly.   Now my niece won't speak to her.  She said she has been so lonely since her husband died two years ago, and she had no friends, no one to talk to.  Pulled at my heart strings, she did.  Then she began talking about my niece's body and how she envied her.  She asked if I wanted to see pictures of my niece.  I naively told her I have seen pictures of my niece...to which she replied.."Naked?"  Told her not interested, but she sent them over anyway.  Made me very uncomfortable.  She sensed it and apologized.  

But she kept going on and on about my niece's boobs and what did I think of them, and did I show my hubby the pictures, and what does he think of them.  The whole thing is rather sick, now that I think of it.  She was so obsessed with her boobs.  Whenever I tried to change the subject, she'd come back to my niece's body, how firm she was, how beautiful her body was, how she had never seen a body like that, etc.  This is my niece she is talking about.  We may not speak any longer, but she is still family, and the pictures and the conversation was totally inappropriate. 

I finally made an excuse and told her I had to go.   She thanked me for being her friend.Then, the first thing this morning I see a message from her.  Good morning, my new friend.  The thing is I tried to be friendly, but in my opinion she's a pervert.  What she wants from me, I don't know.  What I do know is that I think that what she is doing is disgusting and disrespectful,  and I want know part of it.  So why am I such a softy when I hear someone say they are lonely.  Why can't I just come out and tell this woman what I think of her?  Instead I just ignore all the messages she sends me.   Why am I so worried about hurting her feelings?  She obviously didn't care that she made me uncomfortable.

Have a good one.

6 comments:

  1. Keep ignoring her messages. Completely. I am not familiar with Messenger but if you can delete them without reading them. If you respond in any way I think you will just add oxygen to her flame. Good luck.
    That salad looks GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with EC "keep ignoring her messages".

    Your salad looks delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that a new worry has knocked on your door.
    Mary, you have enough on your plate without this.
    Wishing you the best 💮

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch to the car!!! Hopefully it comes in at less than the estimate!

    I hate to hurt peoples feelings also...but that lady is over the top pit of control! My method is to ignore and block them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are we sure that she is a she?? Just asking because..well you get the idea. I would simply ignore her, and delete each message as soon as it arrives. Is there away to block?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ignore her! Delete her! Do what you can! Don't worry about hurting her feelings! Worry about you!!!
    I'm glad you are getting helped out with friends for your car!
    Thanks for showing last nights dinner and the snack! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete