Monday, November 19, 2018

Monday This and That

Good Monday morning on this week of Thanksgiving.  So much to do.  So little time to do it.  Saturday I finished wrapping all the little necklaces, earrings, and bracelets I made and all the little face creams, bath bombs, and bath salts that I am unable to use.  They smell so awesome, but I know if I sit down in that tub, it will be hell to get me up again. We have one of those big, deep old fashioned tubs that stand on legs.  It is so huge I need two shower curtains. I already have a problem climbing in for a shower.  It reaches halfway up my thigh.  
 I have a nice new blue rug to lay down when we finished the floors. 

I was totally shocked at the price of turkeys this year and ended up picking up a 16.40 pound for $30.  I ended up getting it for free.  Turns out if you spent $400 from September through now it was free.  I didn't have $400 on my Super Fresh card which I just got two weeks ago, but I did have money of my Key Food card (it was Key Food before they changed the name) and I put up a stink that they should honor it. No one had told me about the new card  and kept checking me in with the old card.  Not my fault.  They honored it.   Heck, had I known that I would have picked up a larger turkey.  LOL!!! 


Had a hard time stuffing the refrigerator.  Had to take everything out and re-arrange the shelving.  Even at that had to bend the turkey pan.   Lots of veggies in the background.  I am making lots of sides to fill hungry tummy's.
My church is getting ready to put up their tree.  Just so hard to believe it's that time already.

Have a good one.





13 comments:

  1. Happy pre-Thanksgiving. I am glad you got your free turkey and glad they honored the old card (as well they should). I hope you have a wonderful Monday. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Had a fantastic Monday. Busy and quite productive.

      Delete
  2. We got our free turkey at Giant. The stores that do this promotion make lots of money with the sales of the all the other goodies we want for the big day. I love my goodies.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a good day after with all the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is a good incentive. I used to shop at another store that offered nothing. Stopped in there this morning and they were empty. Shoppers go where they are appreciated.

      Delete
  3. Your bath tub really is huge! I can understand why it would be difficult to get in and out of.

    I hope you enjoy your holiday dinner with your family! We are having dinner at my husband's cousin and her hubby's house again this year. My mom was also invited which is nice.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome tub, but I am 71 years old, and it's a little dangerous for me. Have a wonderful holiday dinner with family.

      Delete
  4. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that tub!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving Mary and to your hubby and family, too!
    Keep sticking up for yourself! You did great on that Turkey 💮

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo to the free turkey!!!! I am like you...just can’t believe the holiday season is actually here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tub! So cool! Excellent on getting the turkey for free! I find this time of year goes so fast! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete