Friday, November 2, 2018

Friday Roundup

Good morning all.  Another week is quickly over as we move on to this holiday season.  Monday was banking day for me.  Hubby always gives me $800 out of his SS and pension and $100 a week from his driving job to help with the bills and food.  Was really short on cash this month because hubby had been sick with a bad cold again and not working, so by the time I got home, I was feeling quite blue about having only $20 in my wallet.  Then, as I was sorting through the book where I stash the money hubby gives  me,  I discovered a $50 bill in the envelope.

On Tuesday I had the visit from the nurse.  He was very pleasant, and I was blessed that I was his first visit...despite the fact that he came extra early and I was still in the shower.  One of my problems was that I get stressed easily so I was sure when he took my vitals my BP would be high, but I was pleasantly surprised.  My BP was only 126 over 85.  Drinking hibiscus tea every day is working.

Later I went to the doctor.  Earned my $50  gift card for my yearly checkup. Talked to him about my pain issues.  After hearing my symptoms, he talked to me about caring for my hamstring issue.  We also talked about osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia.  He asked questions about my shoulders and did I have pain. Then, he educated me polymyositis, an inflammatory disease that causes muscle weakness and pain  I also got my pneumoccocal pneumonia vaccine.  I knew I wasn't going to get out of there without it.  Later, when approved my my insurance, I have to have a bone density test on my lower back and hips.

On Wednesday I received a short message from my doctor.  

Dear Ms. Todisco:

Your labs showed decreased level of vitamin d , I am sending prescription to the pharmacy .
Also kidney function is getting worse , please Return to repeat lab test in 3 month

No explanation.  Never had a problem with my kidneys so what does he mean 'getting worse'?   Been trying to reach him to find out what's going on.

On happier note:
 My seventh great granddaughter.  Isn't she adorable?  Such a happy baby.
 My granddaughter and 3 of my great grandchildren.
Aced it at WW again this month.  In fact, I was down .6.  It really shocked me because my body is filled with inflammation, I've been barely able to walk a few blocks, no exercise, and hitting the new French bakery the first couple weeks of the month.  Guess all those salads the last week helped.

Have a great weekend.


7 comments:

  1. Good job on the weigh in!!!! Woohooo!!

    And yes...you have adorable grandkids/and greats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best with your doctor. I know with my mom's doctors, they tend to panic her needlessly most of the time in order to, shall we say, "cover their asses"? Keeping you in my prayers.

    Your great granddaughter is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would ask for a retake of the kidney test since you never had problems with your kidneys.

    Your great-grandbabies are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those babes are enchanting.
    And yes, I would want an explanation/retake of those tests.
    Yay on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photographs, your seventh great grand-daughter is so cute.
    Definitely worth talking to your Doctor about the tests …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you all the best at the doctor Mary!! Please take care of you! Congrats on the weight loss! Your great grand-daughter is so cute! You have been blessed with a large family! Everyone is beautiful! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like the kidney issue is going to turn out to be a mistake... Congratulation on your weight loss. I am struggling lately on that department ..
    Your family is adorable!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete