Friday, November 9, 2018

Friday Roundup

Good Friday morning...and oh, what a week it was.  It wasn't a very exciting week.  It was just a busy one starting on Monday.  On Sunday I had called in an order to Instacart to be delivered on Monday morning.  Well, they ended up messing up my order badly.  No pork chops, no fruit salad, no black beans, white garbage bags instead of clear, waffles instead of pancakes and a terribly dented can of diced tomatoes.  

Spent most of the rest of the morning dealing with this company, and after numerous emails and phone calls I finally got some satisfaction.  Indeed, the refunded me $25.17 for the mistakes made.  Not going to deal with this company anymore, though.  Too many errors.  Like last week, seeded grapes instead of seedless...and then they pick the largest bag so you end up spending more.  Rather do it myself.  And do it myself I did.  On Tuesday morning I headed over to Super Fresh.  What an awesome store with free delivery.  Did quite a huge shopping and then did some cooking once the grocery arrived.
My sweet little great granddaughter.  Such a happy baby. Always a smile on her face.

On Wednesday I headed to  my WW workshop and then onto the bank to deposit the money hubby gave me towards the bills.  While there I stopped and bought myself a pint of Baskin and Robbins Rocky Road ice cream.  I know I said I was going to cut it out, but I couldn't resist when I saw it on sale for $3.99.  And Rocky Road? Was always my favorite, but I haven't been able to find it in years.  

On another positive note, hubby got his car back on Wednesday afternoon.  He is so thrilled. 

On his days without the car he was able to complete the touch ups on the crappy paint job the first guy did.  The second guy only touched up the holes, not the paint.  So now I can get my apartment together.  We had enough paint left over for another room so I gave the paint and our extra brush to the Arab lady upstairs.  She is so nice and has raised the best mannered kids.  

Thursday was another WW workshop, then on home to do a little housework.  Dusted everything off and mopped all the floors.  Still need a couple more moppings before all the dust is gone.  This little fine dust is so hard to completely get rid of. And even when it does seem gone, I just can't get rid of the dusty smell. I burn scented candles, use my diffuser and my wax burner. I dust with lemon Pledge, have mopped with pine and citrus scented cleaner, and although it smells wonderful when wet, as soon as it dries that dusty smell returns. And each morning there is that fine dust all around.  Driving me out of my mind.
Took this picture of a plane while waiting for the bus Thursday.   It looks as if the plane is rising straight up from behind the building from the angle of this picture, but actually the plane was moving straight across the sky.  Go figure.

As far as my perverted FB buddy goes, I did stop responding to her.  Last message she sent me was on Wednesday morning.  I guess she got the hint.  

Have a good one.

5 comments:

  1. I have always been Leary of the grocery delivery ...Especially with produce...I like to pick my own stuff for quality and size! :-)

    The dust will get better....each day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dust is dreadful isn't it? And seemingly inexhaustible.
    I too like to pick my own produce, for quality, for size, for ripeness. They really couldn't have messed up your order much more could they?
    Lovely that you gave the left-over paint to someone who needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, your great granddaughter is so sweet and adorable, what a fabulous smile.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy your perverted FB buddy is gone!
    I hate that fine dust. Last year, when we had construction, it seem to take forever to get the smell and dust gone!
    So sorry about the groceries, but happy you found a great place!
    So happy your hubby got his car back! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt sure I'd commented … ?
    Your little great granddaughter is so sweet.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete