Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning everyone.  Went to the Christmas party yesterday and have to say, I was very disappointed.  Everyone was.  One would expect the Hilton to be better than it was.  To begin with, the table was set with salad and dessert when we first walked in.
The salad consisted of arugula, a wee bit of radicchio, and a few tiny chunks of nasty tasting cheese.  There was no salad dressing until we asked for it.  We were all hungry so dessert was gone before dinner....and then they served coffee.  Was there going to be a meal?  We wondered.  
There was.  The chicken tasted good even though it look unappetizing.  None of us knew what the brown stuff was...and there was the same salad we'd already had only this one was cooked a tiny bit and covered with juices from the chicken.  Nasty. But we were hungry so we ate some of it.  We all agreed that some type of potato and a veggie like steamed broccoli would have been much better.  

The service was poor, the waiters not rude, but not friendly either.  None of them smiled.  None were helpful.  They all looked like they didn't want to be there.  Granted,  the job isn't easy, I've done it myself, but when you are not friendly and helpful with your customers, you only hurt yourself when it comes to a tip.  One waiter came to ask who wanted coffee and then proceeded to fill only half the cups before walking off. 

On the plus side, though, I had a day out, saw old friends, and even danced a bit.  What a good feeling that was.
 My dance teacher.
My dance teacher and friends from my classes.
 Two friends from my qigong and knitting class.
Two friends from my knitting class.

Coming home was a nightmare.  A cold rain was pouring down and the wind was blowing.  Floods all over the place.  Had to wade through 3 inches of water to get the spot to catch my second bus.  So much for my new shoes.  Waited 25 minutes out there shivering from the cold and drenched right down to my underwear.  In all, we left the party at 3pm and I got home at 6:45.  That's 3 hours and 45 minutes.  Home never looked so good.

And now I have spent the entire morning running back and forth to the bathroom.  Ugh!!!

Question.  My feet are terribly dry and itchy.  So bad that I scratch til they bleed.  Any suggestions what I can use? 

Have a good one.

8 comments:

  1. You were a brave soul to go out on a miserable day. We got that rain storm also and there was lots of flooding around. I hope you feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that your day wasn't what you had expected...but as you said, at least you danced a little and you were able to visit with friends.
    I use Arnica Gel for aches, pain and itching. There is no odor and it works very well for me.
    Rest up and feel better soon 💮

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could try Gold Bond Medicated Anti-Itch Lotion:

    https://www.goldbond.com/blog/product/medicated-anti-itch-lotion/

    Click on the red "where to buy" button -- it seems to be widely available in the USA. I know it's popular here in Canada.

    Sorry to hear the Xmas Party was a bit of a bust. But at least you saw some friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry Mary! This is truly too bad! But, I am happy you were with friends!
    I agree with Debra, use some goldbond! I use it! Big Hugs! (I am behind in blog land, sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are times I can hardly wait to get home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think on the positive, you had a great time with your friends :)

    Have a little rest and hope you, and your feet, feel better soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a shame that they event location failed big time!!! At least you enjoyed seeing your friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to go to a lot of events at hotels for work, and it seems pretty standard that the food is awful! As for your feet, I use Vaseline petroleum jelly Deep Moisture cream on my feet at night. It's not fancy, but it works so well! And it's maybe $3.

    ReplyDelete