Friday, November 16, 2018

Friday Roundup

Happy Friday everyone.  It sure has been a heck of a week.  Monday I was in so much pain I couldn't get to class.  Sipped peppermint tea and ginger ale to help stop the cramping.  It's been so long I'd forgotten how painful IBS can be.  Spent much of my day curled up in bed.  

Tuesday was cool and wet.  Again I stayed in.  Worked on planning Thanksgiving dinner, making lists, and continued some of my Christmas wrapping.  I used to wait until a week or so before Christmas to even start my shopping.  I love this way better.  The holidays are not so hectic.  Heck, I even have my cookies, cakes, brunch items, and candy ordered from Figi's and ready to be delivered on 12/21.  Everything is in order except for the decorating.   

Made my extra meeting on Wednesday.  It was good to bundle up and get out in the fresh air.  I have been staying in far too often lately and find myself contentedly settling into a rut.  I don't want that to happen again.
I eat a lot of boiled eggs and have a lot of trouble peeling them.  I buy Eggland's Best eggs, and for some reason, I find them tougher to peel than regular eggs, so every time I saw this on a commercial, I wanted to try it.  But, I don't order things on TV.  A store that I shop in always ends up at some point with the TV items so when I saw this, I had to buy it.  Not happy with it.  First of all, you have to use oil in them so the eggs don't stick, and even though I dump the excess, the eggs still come out not tasting the same as a regular hard boiled egg...and, they don't come out as pretty as on the television commercial.  In fact, they look very unappealing to me with little pock holes all over and coated with the brownish color of the oil.  Now, it may be me.  I may be doing something wrong, but I highly doubt it. 
Was waiting for the bus yesterday morning and happened to look down to see this.  It was so awesome.  A symbol of peace and unity. Love of all.   Brown hand, white hand, and yellow hand.  Tried to pick it up, but it was stuck to the ground so I settled for a picture. 

Later we had our first snowfall of the season.

Didn't amount to much, but it sure made it slippery.  Was fun to watch from my window, but glad I didn't have to be out in it.  

Snow is all gone this morning.

Have a fantastic weekend.





6 comments:

  1. Our snow is beginning to melt this morning so we should have to do very little shoveling and clearing off of the driveway.

    Although I am not crazy about hard boiled eggs, I saw that tv ad about that product and was wondering if it actually worked.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you are organized for the holidays and have the upper hand. I wish that I could say the same but I haven't even started.
    I love the first snowfall. Even if it isn't much of one. Snow always brings thoughts of Christmas and Christmas brings thoughts of family get togethers for the Holiday Season ❄🎄🎅☃❄
    I have found that TV gadgets hardly ever hold up to what they should do. I just do the best I can with my own two hands and stone age implements :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think snow looks great in photographs …
    Our weather here in the UK is still quite mild, but that can soon change!

    I hope you have a good weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that hand sticker. If only...
    And I hear you about the difficulties of peeling eggs. I have discovered that they peel more easily if they are really fresh - and try and get our eggs from the farmers markets for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found out years ago that I enjoy the holiday season much more if I start early and have things done...running around in a panic is no fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry about the pain from the IBS. I was taught in the hospital, to make clock wise circles on the area, that the pain is in. Lay down when doing this and stretch out as much as you can. It does help. You might have to do it for awhile. I have "mint" everyday, even if it's tic tacs! Thanks for the review! I love that symbol you got!! Pretty snow pictures! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete