Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Tuesday Ramble

Happy Tuesday.  It's a stay in and get to work day for me.  Have to start the cooking and dust...again.  So much of that fine white stuff. 

Took a trip to the supermarket yesterday to pick up the things I forgot on Sunday.  Even when taking a list, I still forget.  And, I hate to admit it, that things were also forgotten on my second supermarket trip....and all I needed was 5 items.  I have to stop allowing myself to be side-tracked by items not on my list that catch my eye.

Had to run out to the 99 cent store after I got home.  Picked up the forgotten cups and napkins. My original plan had been to attend arts and crafts, but I'm just not up to that long bus trip, and I don't want to push myself with Thanksgiving only a few days away.  Lots of cooking to be done.

My son's girlfriend is a vegetarian so I like to make lots of veggie dishes for her and myself.  I'm not a vegetarian, but I really don't eat that much meat anymore.  I will have a few slices of white meat with gravy, but the rest of my plate will be filled with side dishes:  garlicky spinach, roasted broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce,  carrots in maple syrup, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, minted peas, creamed onions, and gondulas and rice which I make for hubby.  Dominicans must have their rice and pigeon peas.

And now, a few pics from Thanksgiving pasts.
Thanksgiving 2015.

 Couldn't believe it when I saw this.  Unbelievable price for cherries.  Wonder if they sold any.
 Thanksgiving 2016.
My Thanksgiving dinner has this effect on people.  My son, Anthony.
 Thanksgiving 2017
My son Jerry, myself, and his girlfriend.
No store bought desserts last year.  Made this yummy cake.

5 comments:

  1. That chocolate cake looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving - and don't exhaust yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a bag of cherries a few years back...and saw the price ring up as 16 for the bag. I was so shocked and half way embarrassed...so I just paid for it and left. They were delicious cherries at least!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving!! Be good to you, don't over do it! Your yummy meals look great! I love the pictures! LOL! So cute! Big Hugs Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see your photographs …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete